Ready to level up your grilling game? Meet the Traeger Chicken Wing Lollipop – a fun, flavorful twist on traditional wings. Cooked on a Traeger grill, these wings deliver a smoky punch that’s hard to resist. This post will guide you through each step, turning ordinary chicken wings into extraordinary lollipop-style treats. Perfect for parties or a unique family dinner.
Traeger Chicken Wing Lollipops
Are you tired of the same old chicken wings? If so, meet your new favorite dish: Chicken Wing Lollipops. These aren’t your average wings; they’re a unique twist that turns a classic favorite into a fun, finger-friendly treat.
What makes these wings so unique is their lollipop-style presentation, which looks fantastic and makes for an enjoyable eating experience. Chicken Wing Lollipops are perfect for those who love to experiment with food and try something new.
Why would you want to make these wings, even though they are a little more work than your typical grilled wings? Chicken Wing Lollipops pack a flavor punch, thanks to the smoke + grill method of cooking.
Chicken Wing Lollipops are genuinely a game-changer. They’re a fun, flavorful twist on a classic dish guaranteed to impress. Whether you are a BBQ pro or a novice griller, these wings are a great way to step up your grilling game.
Get all of my Traeger Recipes here!
Chicken Wing Lollipops shopping list
Wondering if you have to hit the store? Here’s the list of items you’ll need to make this recipe. For specific amounts, please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
Get 75+ of my favorite Traeger Recipes here!
How to make Grilled Lollipop Chicken Wings
This is just the overview so you can see what you’re actually getting into here. When you are cooking, you’ll want to use the full recipe at the bottom of the page.
Fire up your grill and get it preheating to 200°F.
Lollipop your wings following the instructions down in the recipe card. It is easy, but takes some time to prep!
Wrap the bone end of the wings with a little foil to prevent burning.
Lightly brush the lollipopped wings with oil and sprinkle with a healthy covering of BBQ rub.
Put the wings on the grill and smoke for 20 minutes.
Turn the temperature up to 400°F and cook for another 20 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 165°F and the skin is as crispy as you like.
Sauce and serve hot!
Try our Butterflied Chicken Legs too!
Grilled Chicken Wing Lollipops FAQ
Can this be made in advance?
You can, but should you? Probably not. Chicken wings are best served fresh off the grill. You can do the prep work ahead of time to make the process faster when you are ready to cook and eat.
Are there any recommended substitutions or additions?
You can sub in your favorite rub, use a buffalo sauce instead of barbecue, or just keep them as a dry rub.
Try our Homemade Bleu Cheese Dressing!
Serve this with…
Eat more wings!
- Crispy Blackstone Chicken Wings
- Traeger Chicken Wings
- Garlic Parmesan Smoked Wings
- Lemon Pepper Smoked Wings
- Traeger Chicken Wings with Spicy Miso
- Grilled Berbere Chicken Wings
- 0-400 Chicken Wings
- Smoked Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Spicy Grilled Chicken Wings
- Mango Chipotle Smoked Chicken Wings
- Sweet Heat Smoked Spicy Chicken Wings
- Smoked and Fried Chicken Wings
- Hell’s Kitchen Grilled Chicken Wings
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons rub
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- Preheat your grill to 200°F.
- To lollipop the drum portion of the wing, trim around the end of the drumette and then push the meat down towards the fat end of the wing. This process will create a lollipop-like appearance for your chicken wing, making it easy to handle and enjoy.
- For the flat, locate the smaller bone and make a small cut between the two bones at the end of the wing. Carefully pull out the small bone and discard it. Push the meat down the large part of the bone to the end to form a lollipop shape.
- Lightly brush the meat with the oil and coat with your seasoning rub. Wrap the ends of the bone with foil to prevent it from burning.
- Place the chicken wings on the grill for 20 minutes.
- Turn the heat up on the grill to 400°F. Cook for another 20 minutes or until the internal temperature of the meat reaches 165°F.
- Remove from the grill, sauce, and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 834Total Fat: 59gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 34gCholesterol: 186mgSodium: 1254mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 39g
Nutrition data provided here is only an estimate.