If you are into chicken wings, our Garlic Parmesan Smoked Wings are going to be just what you’re looking for! Smoked and fried before getting a bath in warm, fresh garlic butter, these wings feature the Garlic and Herb blend from Meat Church and I can’t wait to find more things to use it on!
Smoked Parmesan Garlic Wings
If one of your favorite things is Garlic Bread Sticks, like me, then garlic wings might just be your new go-to way to have chicken wings. Buttery, garlicky, and full of smoke flavor, these wings hit the air fryer or the deep fryer before being tossed in a freshly made sauce.
There are a lot of ways to get to a great chicken wing, and everyone has their own personal preferences, so even if you don’t dig my smoke and fry method, try your favorite wing recipe with this wing sauce because you are going to flip.
Dunk it in some marinara sauce and you’ll have chicken parmesan wings!
Garlic Parmesan Smoked Wings shopping list
Wondering if you have to hit the store? Here’s the list of items you’ll need to make this recipe. For specific amounts, please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- chicken wings
- Meat Church Garlic and Herb Rub (or your favorite garlic herb blend)
- minced garlic
- Parmigiano Reggiano
Try our Sweet Heat Smoked Wings too!
How to make Smoked Chicken Wings
This is just the overview so you can see what you’re actually getting into here. When you are cooking, you’ll want to use the full recipe at the bottom of the page.
Shoot for around 200°F.
Season and Smoke
Season your wings and put them on the smoker. Let smoke for 1-2 hours.
The best way to get crispy chicken skin is to give your wings a post-smoke fry. Whether that’s in the air fryer or an actual hot oil bath is up to you! You can also stick them in a super hot oven if that’s what you’ve got around.
Toss the wings with the garlic butter and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
More wings to love
We love Chicken wings here, and have tons of recipes on the site for them! Check out my favorites below:
- Sweet Heat Smoked Spicy Chicken Wings
- Smoked Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Mango Chipotle Smoked Chicken Wings
- Grilled Berbere Chicken Wings
- Traeger Chicken Wings with Spicy Miso
- Traeger Smoked and Fried Chicken Wings
- Traeger Chicken Wings Recipe
- Spicy Grilled Chicken Wings
Smoked Chicken Wings FAQ
We always use a sealable baggie. It is easy and quick. Any airtight option works though!
We reheat these in the airfryer for the best results. A blazing hot 400° oven also works though, if you don’t have an air fryer yet.
These wings are basically in their own sauce already. All this garlic butter, and you can’t go wrong. If you really want a sauce, a marinara would be pretty epic!
- 3 pounds chicken wings, flats and drums
- 3 tablespoons Garlic and Herb Rub from Meat Church
- 1/2 cup salted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Meat Church Garlic and Herb rub
- 1/4 cup freshly shredded Parmigiano Reggiano
- Preheat your smoker to 200°.
- Ensure your wings are completely dry. Pat with paper towels, or ideally, let dry on a rack uncovered in the fridge the night before you're going to want to eat wings.
- Toss the wings with 1/2 cup melted butter and sprinkle with the Garlic and Herb rub. Place on the smoker for 1-2 hours.
- While the wings are smoking, melt the other 1/2 cup of oil in a frying pan over medium heat, and put the garlic in. Stir and saute for 30-60 seconds, or until the garlic is fragrant and softened. Stir in the Meat Church Garlic and Herb rub. Set aside.
- Remove from the smoker and place into your air fryer at 390-400° for about 7-10 minutes (or until the skin is as crispy as you'd like). If you don't have an air fryer, you can always give them a 2-3 minute trip through some 375° oil in a shallow fry pan. Both methods are great! Air fry or traditional fry.
- Toss the wings in the melted garlic butter and sprinkle over the freshly shredded reggiano. Eat while hot!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 788Total Fat: 57gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 32gCholesterol: 203mgSodium: 906mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 44g
Nutrition data provided here is only an estimate.