Smoked wings are pretty much my favorite thing ever. Appetizer, meal, whatever. If there are wings, I’m eating them. These Lemon Pepper Smoked Wings are simple to make and feature Meat Church’s Gourmet Lemon Pepper.
Traeger Lemon Pepper Smoked Wings
We have so many recipes for wings around here, it is getting a little ridiculous. I don’t actually care, though, because chicken wings are life and there are endless varieties you can make to change it up a bit if you get bored of just the regular buffalo wings, too. I’ll share my list of favorite wings down below, so don’t skip by too fast.
See all of my Traeger Recipes here!
Smoked Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings shopping list
Wondering if you have to hit the store? Here’s the list of items you’ll need to make this recipe. For specific amounts, please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- chicken wings
- salt and pepper
- oil (we like avocado)
- lemon pepper seasoning
More Easy Traeger Chicken Recipes here!
How to make Smoked Chicken Wings
This is just the overview so you can see what you’re actually getting into here. When you are cooking, you’ll want to use the full recipe at the bottom of the page.
Your grill, that is, to 200°F.
Take your DRY chicken wings and toss them with oil before liberally sprinkling with the lemon pepper seasoning.
Smoke your wings for 1-2 hours. Depends on how heavy you want that smoke flavor to shine through.
You can deep fry, air fry, or even just blast them with high heat (425°F+) in the oven or on your grill. This is the part where you crisp up the skin. If you don’t mind floppy skin, you could eat these right after the smoke, but who likes rubbery chicken skin? Not this lady!
If you are a wing saucer, get saucing! Toss with buffalo, sweet chili, bbq, or whatever your favorite sauce is!
Follow me on Instagram!
More Chicken Wings to love!
- Traeger Smoked Chicken Wings
- Smoked and Fried Wings
- Smoked Air Fryer Wings
- Sweet Heat Smoked Wings
- Smoked Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
Wing Sauce Recipes
Get sauced! These are our very favorite homemade chicken wing sauces, right here for your eating pleasure.
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons oil (avocado is ideal, but any high-temp oil will work)
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons Lemon Pepper blend
- Preheat your pellet grill to 200°.
- Make sure your wings are dry, toss with oil until they are evenly coated, and sprinkle the rub mix until they are well-coated in rub.
- Place on the preheated grill and let smoke for 1-2 hours, turning over halfway through.
- Remove from the grill and either toss them into a preheated 400° air fryer in batches for 5-7 minutes to crisp up the skin, or give them a 2-3 minute bath in a pan of shallow hot oil to crisp them up. If you want to do them the WHOLE time on the grill, you can also crisp up the skin by giving them a blast on high for 10ish minutes on your grill.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 561Total Fat: 41gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 25gCholesterol: 124mgSodium: 1301mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 26g
Nutrition data provided here is only an estimate.