The latest craze in the grilling world has been these delicious, simple, 0-400 Chicken Wings! The method is as easy as it gets, and the end result is crispy, perfectly cooked wings that will have you wanting to make a meal of them regularly.
0-400 Chicken Wings
There are so many ways to get to a delicious chicken wing. We’re obsessed, and for good reason, too. Wings are delicious, and pretty easy to make too.
This method is one of the simplest we’ve ever made. You don’t even have to preheat the grill. Just season, toss the wings on the grill, and turn it on to 400°. Flip once, and in around an hour you’ll have perfectly cooked, crispy-skinned wings! Easy!
Get 75+ of my favorite Traeger Recipes here!
0-400 Chicken Wings shopping list
Wondering if you have to hit the store? Here’s the list of items you’ll need to make this recipe. For specific amounts, please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- chicken wings
- bbq rub
- bbq or buffalo sauce
Get all my Chicken Wings here!
How to make 0-400 Chicken Wings
This is just the overview so you can see what you’re actually getting into here. When you are cooking, you’ll want to use the full recipe at the bottom of the page.
Dry the chicken wings with paper towels well. Damp skin = soggy skin.
Oil and Rub
Toss the dry wings in the oil and coat with the bbq rub.
Put the wings directly on the grill grates and turn the grill on and to 400°.
Cook for 30 minutes and then flip the wings. Cook for another 30-45 minutes.
Sauce the wings with your favorite bbq sauce or buffalo sauce. Or just eat them dry. You do you!
Serve with celery and carrots and your favorite dipping sauces.
Make our Homemade Cherry Dr. Pepper BBQ Sauce!
0-400 Chicken Wings FAQ
What’s the best way to save the leftovers?
Toss these in a baggie and keep them in the fridge for 3-4 days, max.
How should you reheat chicken wings?
I love reheating my wings in the air fryer! Bonus – it will re-crisp the skin too, heating them up this way, even if they are already sauced.
What are the best rubs to use on chicken wings?
Your favorite rub at home would be perfect here. If you don’t have a favorite yet, you can whip up a batch of my homemade barbecue rub, or pick up a bottle of this Meat Church Holy Gospel or Traeger Chicken Rub.
Try our Cholula Buffalo Sauce too!
More wings to try!
- Spicy Grilled Chicken Wings
- Smoked Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Lemon Pepper Smoked Wings
- Garlic Parmesan Grilled Wings
- Hell’s Kitchen Grilled Chicken Wings
- Grilled Berbere Chicken Wings
- Sweet Heat Spicy Smoked Wings
- Spicy Miso Chicken Wings
- Smoked & Fried Chicken Wings
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons bbq rub
- 1/2 cup bbq or buffalo sauce
- Pat the wings dry with paper towels.
- Toss with the oil and coat evenly with the bbq rub.
- Place the wings in a single layer on a clean grill.
- Turn the grill on, and set it to 400°.
- Let the wings cook for about 30 minutes. Flip.
- Let the wings cook for another 30-45 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked and the skin is as crispy as you like it.
- Remove from the grill and toss with your favorite bbq or buffalo sauce.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 908Total Fat: 68gSaturated Fat: 21gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 41gCholesterol: 201mgSodium: 1207mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 44g
Nutrition data provided here is only an estimate.