Easy Loaded Baked Potato Salad is full of bacon, cheese, red potatoes, and chives.
Loaded Baked Potato Salad
Spring has officially sprung here in the Pacific Northwest, and I have BBQ fever. This can be a problem when you don’t actually own a grill. Thankfully we plan on fixing that problem, and soon! Until then, I depend on the kindness of my amazing family to grill early and often, and they have not disappointed. I think my sister-in-law loves grilling more than I do even, and the results are always amazing!
Such was the case yesterday during our weekly family get-together, which we got to have this week out at their beautiful lake place! It is amazing, and BONUS, only 10 minutes from my door.
Does it get any better than that? 67, sunny, blue skies, family, and THIS view. Amazing.
I was never a big fan of potato salad growing up. That carried over into adulthood as well, until I tried my mother-in-law’s recipe. This version is loosely based on hers. Thanks Neicy!
Make sure you don’t overcook the potatoes or you will end up with mashed potato salad.
I made too much food, as usual, and had this for breakfast this morning. Dangerous!
Adapt this in so many different ways. Add hard-boiled eggs. Omit the onions. Add more onions. Less garlic powder. Change it up!
More bacon is rarely a bad idea.
More awesome appetizers here!
- 1.5 lbs red potatoes
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- sprinkle paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-3 tablespoons milk to thin out sauce
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions, green part only, chopped
- Boil potatoes in well salted water until a fork can pierce them easily. Let cool, and dice into chunks.
- Mix together the mayo, sour cream, onion and garlic powder, mustard, vinegar, and paprika. Taste, and add salt and pepper as desired. If necessary thin out the sauce with a bit of milk.
- Pour sauce over cooled and diced potatoes, and stir gently to coat. Add cooked and crumbled bacon, shredded cheddar cheese, and chopped green onions. Chill and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 308Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 586mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 13g