Tender and delicious Steak Bites are a perfect appetizer, or make it into a meal with some rice and vegetables!
Steak Bites Recipe
Guess who unofficially “won” the Super Bowl cook-off? My awesome husband, that’s who. Never mind that we weren’t actually competing, I’m calling in an audible and declaring this the VERY BEST APPETIZER THAT THERE EVER WAS OR EVER WILL BE.
These steak bites came way out of left field and completely hit a home run. Is that enough sports puns for one paragraph? I hope so because I’m out. *ba dum ching*
We got some awesome steaks to use for these appetizers. Get the best quality that you can. It shows!
If you like this recipe you will love these recipes using steak or chuck roasts! Plenty of ways to use up those cases of beef.
- 1 1/2 pounds steak, cut into 1" cubes
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 2 TBSP honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce, or a little more if you like it spicier!
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Combine all ingredients in a 1 gallon ziplock bag and allow the steak to marinate 36-48 hours in the refrigerator.
- When you are ready to cook, first separate the steak from the marinade, place the steak in a bowl and set it aside.
- Pour the marinade into a medium saucepan and cook on medium heat until it boils. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and pour the liquid through a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth to remove any clumps.
- After straining the liquid, return it to the saucepan for thickening. In order to thicken the sauce, combine 1/2 cup cold water with 2-3 TBSP corn starch in a separate measuring cup. Wait until the sauce has returned to a boil and begin to slowly mix in the water and cornstarch slurry. When the sauce has reached your desired consistency, stop adding the slurry. The sauce should thinly coat a spoon.
- To cook the steak, place it into large sauté pan and cook it on medium high heat for 5-7 minutes. Make sure to turn several times throughout the cooking time. Remove from heat and serve with your favorite starch and vegetables.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 479Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 110mgSodium: 2429mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 0gSugar: 8gProtein: 33g
Nutrition data provided here is only an estimate. If you are tracking these things for medical purposes please consult an outside, trusted source. Thanks!