Our Greek Chicken Protein Bowl is an incredible blend of flavors and textures, offering a healthy and satisfying meal. It combines tender grilled chicken marinated in Greek vinaigrette with a fresh and crunchy salad base, featuring spinach, cucumbers, tomatoes, and a variety of other Mediterranean-inspired ingredients. This recipe is perfect for a nutritious lunch or dinner, providing a good balance of protein, vegetables, and healthy fats. Plus, an extra boost of protein from the addition of cottage cheese!
Greek Chicken Protein Bowl
Our easy Greek Chicken Protein Bowl is a delicious blend of taste and texture, combining nutritious ingredients for a satisfying meal. This dish is not easy to love because it is so tender and flavorful, but also a powerhouse of nutrition, making it an ideal choice for health-conscious individuals or anyone looking to enjoy a delicious yet healthy meal.
I cooked this chicken breast on our pellet grill, but any grill will do. If yours is buried in snow or the outdoors just isn’t very hospitable where you are at the moment, you can make these chicken breasts in the oven using the same approximate temps and times, or even on the stovetop sauteed in some butter. The key to juicy chicken breast is to make sure you don’t overcook it.
At the heart of this protein bowl is the perfect pairing of chicken and cottage cheese, both known for their high protein content. Chicken, a staple in healthy diets, is favored for its lean protein, which helps in muscle building and repair. Cottage cheese complements this by adding a creamy texture and a boost of protein, making the bowl exceptionally satisfying and beneficial for high protein diets and overall wellness.
Flavorful and Nutritious Chicken
Chicken is a versatile and healthy choice, particularly for those focusing on a balanced diet. It’s low in fat yet rich in essential nutrients and proteins, making it an excellent option for those aiming to maintain or achieve a healthy lifestyle. In this recipe, the chicken is marinated in Greek vinaigrette, infusing it with a blend of zesty and aromatic flavors that enhance its natural taste without adding unnecessary calories.
The Benefits of Cottage Cheese
Cottage cheese is a hidden gem in the world of healthy eating. Its inclusion in this protein bowl is strategic, as it not only increases the protein content but also brings calcium and essential minerals to the meal. It’s a great way to add creaminess and depth to the bowl without compromising on health. Its mild flavor balances the bold flavors of the marinated chicken and the tanginess of the Greek vinaigrette, creating a delightful contrast in tastes.
A Meal for Every Lifestyle
This Greek Chicken Protein Bowl is more than just a meal; it’s a versatile option suitable for various dietary needs. Whether you’re a fitness enthusiast looking for a protein-rich post-workout meal, someone following a balanced diet, or just in search of a delicious yet healthy dinner option, this bowl caters to all. It’s easy to prepare, can be customized to personal taste preferences, and is a wonderful way to incorporate a range of nutrients into your diet.
Why you’ll love this dish…
- The Marinade: The Greek vinaigrette marinade makes the chicken exceptionally flavorful. Marinating overnight enhances the taste and tenderness of the chicken, making it a dish you’ll crave again and again.
- Versatile: The recipe’s versatility allows you to tweak it to suit your taste or dietary needs.
- Get More Vegetables: It’s a great way to incorporate a variety of vegetables into your diet in a delicious way.
- Ideal For Meal Prep: Ideal for meal prep, this protein bowl is just as tasty the next day.
Get all of my Traeger Recipes here!
Greek Chicken Protein Bowl shopping list
Wondering if you have to hit the store? Here’s the list of items you’ll need to make this recipe. For specific amounts, please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Chicken breasts
- Greek vinaigrette
- Baby spinach
- English cucumber
- Roma tomatoes
- Crumbled feta cheese
- Marinated artichoke hearts
- Kalamata olives
- Small pepperoni (optional)
- Red wine vinegar
- Greek Freak seasoning blend (optional)
- Cottage cheese
Try our Chicken Taco Salad too!
How to make a Grilled Greek Chicken Protein Bowl
This is just the overview so you can see what you’re actually getting into here. When you are cooking, you’ll want to use the full recipe at the bottom of the page.
Marinate the Chicken
Soak the chicken breasts in Greek vinaigrette for at least 2 hours or overnight.
Grill the Chicken
Preheat the grill to 350°F and cook the chicken for 6-8 minutes per side.
Prep the Salad
While the chicken is grilling, prepare the salad ingredients.
Combine and Serve
Cube the grilled chicken and toss it with the salad ingredients (except the cottage cheese) and additional dressing. Place on top of a pile of cottage cheese.
Greek Chicken Protein Bowl FAQ
Can this recipe be made in advance?
Yes, you can marinate the chicken and prepare the salad components ahead of time. Just combine them right before serving.
What’s the best way to store and reheat the leftovers?
Store the salad and the cottage cheese separately, in airtight containers in the refrigerator. This dish is excellent served cold, so does not require reheating.
Can I use a different type of cheese?
Absolutely! Feel free to substitute feta with another cheese like goat cheese or mozzarella, depending on your preference.
More Salads For You
More great high-protein recipes to try!
- Wild Rice Hotdish Soup – 47g
- Chicken Wild Rice Casserole – 33g
- Chicken Burrito Bowl – 26g
- Beef and Broccoli – 42g
- Bruschetta Chicken – 71g
- Philly Cheesesteak Casserole – 54g
- Keto Greek Chicken Bowl – 33g
- Kalbi Short Ribs – 60g
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 cup Greek vinaigrette
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 2 English cucumber, diced
- 3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 8 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup small pepperoni (optional)
- 1/4 cup sliced pepperoncini
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Greek Freak seasoning blend (optional but highly recommended)
- 1/4 cup Greek vinaigrette
- 4 cups cottage cheese
- Place the chicken breasts into the Greek salad dressing. You can use store-bought or make your own. Marinate for at least 2 hours, but preferably overnight.
- Preheat your grill to 350°F. Place the chicken onto the grill.
- Cook for 6-8 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature is 165°F.
- Remove from the grill and set aside. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- While the chicken is grilling, prep the rest of the ingredients and mix in a large bowl.
- Cube the chicken breast and toss with the rest of the salad ingredients. Toss with the additional salad dressing.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 839Total Fat: 54gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 28gCholesterol: 155mgSodium: 4065mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 4gSugar: 20gProtein: 58g
Nutrition data provided here is only an estimate. If you are tracking these things for medical purposes please consult an outside, trusted source. Thanks!
Nicole Johnson, a self-taught expert in grilling and outdoor cooking, launched Or Whatever You Do in 2010. Her blog, renowned for its comprehensive and creative outdoor cooking recipes, has garnered a vast audience of millions. Nicole's hands-on experience and passion for grilling shine through her work. Her husband, Jeremiah Johnson, also plays a pivotal role in recipe development, adding his culinary flair to the mix. Together, they form a dynamic duo, offering a rich and varied outdoor cooking experience to their followers.