Our easy Smoked Asian Chicken Salad is made with some of our leftover Traeger Smoked Chicken, and comes together in a flash! Makes a great salad or spoon into a wrap for a sandwich that is perfect for on-the-boat or on-the-go. Mix in some of your favorite crunchy toppings right before serving. We like to use wonton strips, but you can also use crunchy chow mein noodles too. You do you! As with all of our recipes, we encourage you to experiment and make it your own.
Smoked Asian Chicken Salad
This salad is perfect for so many uses, but my favorite time to make it is when we’re up at the fishing cabin. Fishing cabin food is tricky because unless one of us (cough me cough) stays back to cook, the food has got to be fast, portable, and easy.
Now, I like fishing, but I’m a water wimp so if it is looking at all sporty out there I’m glad to volunteer for some quiet time at the cabin, and whipping up some food for the fishermen when they come back from their 12-16 hour day. By choice. (They are crazy, I know. I tell them all the time.)
I like this easy chicken salad because it is basically a “dump and go” recipe, uses up some of that leftover smoked chicken you might have laying around, or you can easily sub in a grocery store rotisserie chicken if you don’t have leftover smoked chicken in the fridge. Plus, it was easy for them to grab a bowl and chow before heading out for fish cleaning and boat scrubbing duties.
Get all of my Traeger Recipes here!
Smoked Asian Chicken Salad shopping list
Wondering if you have to hit the store? Here’s the list of items you’ll need to make this recipe. For specific amounts, please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Shredded coleslaw mix
- Shredded carrots
- Smoked chicken
- Green onions
- Sesame seeds
- Wonton strips
- Roasted sesame dressing
Get 75+ of my favorite Traeger Recipes here!
How to make Smoked Asian Chicken Salad
This is just the overview so you can see what you’re actually getting into here. When you are cooking, you’ll want to use the full recipe at the bottom of the page.
Mix together all the ingredients, except for the wonton strips.
Let it sit for a few hours in the fridge to let everything meld.
Top with the crunchy bits and serve. You can also wrap in tortillas for a good on-the-go meal.
Try our Togarashi Spatchcock Chicken for this!
Asian Chicken Salad FAQ
Can this recipe be made in advance?
Yes! This is the perfect recipe to make in advance. You can make it for easy lunches for the week, grab-and-go snacks, and the flavor just keeps getting better. Just add the crunchy bits right before servings for the best results.
Are there any recommended substitutions or additions?
This recipe is so versatile. You can toss in whatever you’d like and really make it your own. I like it just the way it is, but experiment and do what makes YOU happy!
This Kewpie Sesame Dressing is our favorite!
More great Asian-inspired recipes to love!
- Our Smoked Spicy Asian Pork Ribs are a great change-up to your typical bbq ribs! Bold, spicy flavors on tender, smokey ribs. What could be better?
- If you’re a true ramen fan, you know and love chashu. This Chashu Pork Belly recipe is simple to prepare and makes a legit chashu for your next batch of ramen!
- Spicy Garlic Chicken and Green Beans is a great dinner option! Plus, you can throw in whatever vegetables you have laying around, and it is perfect over some steamed rice.
- Our spicy and tangy Potsticker Sauce makes a great homemade dip for your next batch of pot stickers or fried pork dumplings!
- Get your butcher to shave down a ribeye and get marinating because we’re making a delicious batch of Traeger Grilled Beef Bulgogi!
- We like to make Blackstone Chicken Fried Rice for a whole meal, it is that good. It is also that easy. Whip this up in a half hour and have dinner DONE!
- Smoked Beef Pancit Bihon is a noodle dish full of vegetables and leftover smoked beef roast! Don’t have any leftover beef? Use fresh sliced beef instead!
- Blackstone Teriyaki Steak Yakisoba is another quick and easy dinner recipe that comes together in a snap. If you can find fresh yakisoba noodles snap them up!
- Another day, another stir fry, but our Chicken and Pea Pods Stir Fry is one that you’re going to want to keep in rotation. A family favorite, and I think it’ll become one in your house too!
- This Pacific Northwest staple, transformed for the pellet grill, will have you making Traeger Chicken Teriyaki over and over again! Simple and delicious!
- Homemade Egg Rolls require some time and patience, but they are so worth it! Get an assembly line going and make a double batch. Sometimes we make an entire meal out of these.
- This easy Chicken and Eggplant Stir Fry is our version of a restaurant favorite, and the sauce alone is something you’re going to want to eat with a spoon. Or drizzle all over some steamed rice. Pick your pleasure.
- These Traeger Grilled Steak Kabobs are always such a hit at the BBQ! Eat them, love them, save the recipe, and share it with your friends.
- Get the grill heating and make these Traeger Vietnamese Chicken Thighs! If you’ve got extras, it would work great in this Asian Chicken Salad too.
- Homemade Smoked Chinese BBQ Pork without all the added food coloring. Not only is it possible, it is DELICIOUS. Turn your next pork tenderloin into something amazing!
- Traeger Kalbi Beef Short Ribs use flanken short ribs and a bold marinade for some tasty bites that make for a perfect dinner. Give them a try!
- 1 16 ounce bag shredded coleslaw mix
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 4 cups cooked smoked chicken
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 bag wonton strips
- 1 1/2 cups roasted sesame dressing
- Mix together all of the ingredients except for the wonton strips.
- Put into the fridge for a couple of hours to let the flavors meld.
- Top with the wonton seeds right before servings.
- Serve with tortillas to make sandwich wraps for on-the-go eating, or as a salad.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 523Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 27gCholesterol: 91mgSodium: 1730mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 3gSugar: 10gProtein: 36g
Nutrition data provided here is only an estimate.