Slow Cooker Pork Chops
The first time I made these pork chops with caramelized onions and dijon cream sauce, I was very skeptical. I didn’t know how it would turn out.
When it was finished I was very surprised and very pleased.
This is a unique pork chop dish for when you are in the mood for something different. It only takes about 30 minutes to throw together and get into the crockpot in the morning, and then in the evening all you have to do is either mash some potatoes or boil some egg noodles with a vegetable on the side for a delicious, easy, and filling meal.
How to Make Pork Chops with Mustard Sauce
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 center cut pork chops
- 3 cups onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons diced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Season trimmed center-cut chops well with salt, pepper, garlic salt, onion powder, and Lawry's Seasoning salt. Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Brown chops well on both sides and remove to slow cooker.
- Thinly slice 2 large onions and place into pan with an additional 1 tablespoon of oil. Add in 1.5 teaspoons of dry mustard, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper. Stir well and cook over medium-low heat until onions are cooked, caramelized, and developed in color.
- Add to skillet 1.5 tablespoons of minced garlic. Cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add 3 tablespoons of flour. Stir until well combined and cook 2 minutes. Add 3/4 cup of white wine and 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar. Cook until thickened and pour over chops in slow cooker.
- Cook 6-7 hours on medium, or 4-5 hours on high. Check approximately 1 hour before end of cook time as total cooking time will depend on your particular model of slow cooker.
- When chops are fork tender remove from cooker. Add in 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard and 1/2 cup heavy cream. Stir well and pour over chops on serving plate.
- Serve with garlic mashed potatoes or egg noodles.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 512 Total Fat: 30g Saturated Fat: 10g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 17g Cholesterol: 149mg Sodium: 328mg Carbohydrates: 13g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 5g Protein: 42g