Rice noodles are kind of like my new favorite thing, and this recipe for sesame shrimp stir fry is my favorite version of all. Its sweet and salty and packed with flavor. Add whatever vegetables you’ve got fresh from the garden, or whatever you happen to have in the fridge. My personal favorites are cabbage and broccoli, but asparagus and bell peppers work wonderfully in this dish too!
Sesame Shrimp Stir Fry
Take out isn’t always doable for us. Whether its because of time, distance, or finances – I like to limit my eating out to once a week. It doesn’t always happen that way, but that’s the goal.
Part of the way I can do that is by having some good take-out fake-outs in the rotation on our menu. Being able to recreate restaurant style meals at home is a really great way to save a lot of money, and keep the kids at bay.
I love cooking with shrimp because it can literally go from frozen to perfectly cooked in less than 30 minutes. It defrosts quickly, and cooks even quicker. Give your shrimp a good quick cook, and then do the same with your veggies.
The rice noodles get soaked in hot water while the shrimp cooks, and then also gets a quick stir fry in the pan. Toss it all together and pour in the sauce and you are DONE. It takes a quick minute for the sauce to thicken.
Need more awesome stir-fry ideas? I have some!
- SPICY CHILI GARLIC STIR FRY SAUCE
- HONEY GARLIC GINGER STIR FRY
- EASY GARLIC BEEF AND BROCCOLI
- AMAZING COPYCAT ORANGE CHICKEN RECIPE
- SESAME CHICKEN WITH PEA PODS
- SESAME VEGETABLES WITH RICE NOODLES
- 12 large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 4 ounces rice noodles
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 6 small crimini mushrooms, quartered
- 3 - 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 teaspoon diced garlic
- Place the rice noodles into a pot of very hot water to soak for 10 minutes. Combine all of the sauce ingredients together and mix well and set aside.
- Place 1 tablespoon of oil into a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat until the oil is shimmering. Quickly stir fry the shrimp until they are pink, and remove from the pan and set aside.
- Place another tablespoon of oil in the pan and preheat over high heat until almost smoking. Quickly add the vegetables and stir fry until crisp tender.
- If necessary, add a little more oil to preheat, and then toss the noodles into the pan along with the vegetables and shrimp. Give the sauce a quick stir, and then pour into the pan. Continue stirring until the sauce is thickened, and serve immediately. Don't overcook or your noodles will get mushy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 314 Total Fat: 18g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 16g Cholesterol: 35mg Sodium: 1350mg Carbohydrates: 31g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 12g Protein: 11g