I made this as a quick lunch for my kids one day, and had no idea it would turn out as well as it did. I’m so glad you found this recipe, and my site, and I think you will love it. It is quick, easy, and delicious. (The recipe for the cheesy scalloped potatoes you see pictured is here.)
After you print, save, or jot down my panko chicken recipe, feel free to browse around a bit! Take a second and visit me on Facebook, leave a comment, or send me a note. I love hearing feedback, comments, or answering questions from my readers. When you’re done, feel free to click around a bit at my other recipes I have available.
- 3 chicken breasts
- 3/4 - 1 cup cooking oil
- 1 cup flour, divided
- 2/3 cup panko
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt, Lawry's
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoon milk
- Pinch salt & pepper
- Place chicken breasts, one at a time, into a plastic bag. Flatten using a rolling pin or meat hammer until they are uniformly 1/2 - 3/4 inch thick. Repeat until each breast is pounded out. Cut breasts into palm-sized pieces.
- Mix together 1/2 cup flour, panko, salt, garlic powder, seasoning salt, cayenne, and onion powder. Set aside. In separate bowl, mix egg and milk. In another bowl, place 1/2 cup flour with a few shakes of salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Using a fork, dunk each piece of chicken first in the flour, then into the egg wash, and finally coat with the panko mixture. Make sure in each step the breast is coated completely. Fry over medium to medium high heat in preheated oil until golden brown on both sides and inside is no longer pink, approximately 6-7 minutes depending on your stove.
- Remove from oil and let sit for 3-4 minutes on a wire rack before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 365 Total Fat: 24g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 20g Cholesterol: 62mg Sodium: 301mg Carbohydrates: 19g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 18g