Our Traeger Smoked Whipped Greek Feta Dip is perfect for any appetizer spread or party you’ve got coming up! Tangy feta cheese is matched with the creamiest of cream cheeses and we give them both a healthy dose of our favorite Greek Freak seasoning blend before they hit the smoker!
Smoked Whipped Feta Dip
Summer BBQ season is my favorite time of year. I LOVE a good pot luck, and when you have friends and family that can cook as good as MY friends and family can, we can always a reason to celebrate and enjoy the nice weather on someone’s deck or in someone’s backyard.
I love making creative twists to traditional dips, and this one for a Smoked Feta Dip is no different.
Like many of you, I fell in love with the Smoked Cream Cheese trend of the early (20)20s. We have a whole collection of Smoked Cream Cheese Recipes on the site because we love it so much. This recipe is a play on that trend plus the TikTok Feta Pasta, and like the feta pasta we made the feta cheese the star of this show.
Typically feta doesn’t work all that well in dips because of its crumbly nature, but whipping it along with the cream cheese solves that problem and makes it smooth, spreadable, and amazing.
Get all of my Traeger Recipes here!
Whipped Greek Feta Dip shopping list
Wondering if you have to hit the store? Here’s the list of items you’ll need to make this recipe. For specific amounts, please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Olive oil
- Feta cheese
- Cream cheese
- Greek Freak seasoning blend (🎉🎉🎉 PRO TIP – GET THE BIG BOTTLE. You’re going to love it. We have a ton of recipes featuring Greek Freak on the site because we love it so much!)
- Greek yogurt
- Lemon zest
- Lemon juice
Get 75+ of my favorite Traeger Recipes here!
How to make Whipped Feta Dip in the Smoker
This is just the overview so you can see what you’re actually getting into here. When you are cooking, you’ll want to use the full recipe at the bottom of the page.
We’re shooting for 225°F for this recipe.
While the grill is preheating, prep the cream cheese and the feta block by tossing it in a grill-safe baking dish and drizzling with oil and sprinkling on the Greek Freak seasoning blend.
Put that dish in the smoker and let it ride for about 30 minutes.
In a blender, whip it all up until it is smooth.
Eat with pita bread, pita chips, and fresh vegetables. Serve on a charcuterie board, or spread onto a sub sandwich. All great options.
Try our Smoked and Pulled Lamb Gyro too!
Whipped Feta Dip FAQ
Can you use Feta crumbles instead of a block?
Probably, but I haven’t tried it. If you do, report back and let me know how it goes!
Can you use low-fat cream cheese or feta?
You can most likely get away with the lower fat versions here, but WHY. Live a little, will ya?
What’s the best way to store leftovers?
We just toss some plastic wrap over the top of the dip and then stick it in the fridge and call it good. We’re simple people, around here. No need to break out the fancy Tupperware.
Can you make this without the Greek Freak seasoning blend?
You CAN, but IDK if you actually SHOULD. 😉 This Greek Freak is worth it. If you absolutely cannot wait, however, you could substitute another Mediterranean or Greek blend that you find at the grocery store and I’m sure it would be pretty delicious still.
How about some Smoked Salmon Dip?
More great dip recipes to love!
- Smoked Caramelized Onion Dip is the perfect way to highlight some of that giant batch of Smoked Caramelized Onions you have in the fridge. Skip the dry packet mix and make your own!
- This spicy and delicious Traeger Buffalo Chicken Dip is a snap to throw together and is one of our most requested appetizers by the teenagers. They love drizzling some ranch on it and getting down with some crackers and this dip.
- Smoked Black Cod Dip perfectly highlights the flavor of the decadent treat that is sablefish, also known as black cod. We love catching these fish, and when we do we always save some for a batch of this epic white fish dip!
- The classic appetizer from everyone’s childhood gets a makeover and some wood fire in our easy Traeger Spinach Artichoke Dip recipe. Try it and you’ll never go back to the crock pot or oven version!
- Homemade Beer Cheese Dip is easy to make with the addition of a special ingredient. We even found some Smoked Amber Ale from a local brewery (Hood Canal Brewery) and it was amazing!
- Classic Bean Dip never gets old, and I make sure to whip up a quick batch of this for the chips and dip table almost every time we really throw down a Mexican-inspired feast for dinner.
- So much bacon and big bold ranch flavor make our Bacon Ranch Dip a crowd-pleaser! Best made a day ahead, so get whipping!
- Herbed Bread Dip is the classic restaurant appetizer brought home. Simple, elegant, and perfect with a fresh baked loaf of crusty bread.
- I ordered crab dip so many times at so many restaurants, and after all of that SUPER hard taste-testing I came up with this epic Smoked Hot Crab Dip recipe, featuring all of my favorite parts of all of those dips.
- Smoked Cream Cheese – the classic, the most popular on our site, and beloved by SO many people! Try it and see why!
- Smoked Buffalo Cream Cheese is the spicy cousin of our OG smoked cream cheese recipe, and is for the pepper-lovers in your life!
- Jalapeño Popper Smoked Cream Cheese is another take on the smoked cream cheese trend. You’re going to love all those familiar jalapeno popper flavors in dip form!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces block Feta cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons Greek Freak seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat your pellet grill or smoker to 225°F.
- Put the block feta and the cream cheese into a grill-safe baking dish. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with the Greek Freak seasoning blend. Put the garlic cloves into the pan with the cheeses.
- Smoke the cheese and garlic for 30 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the smoker and put the cheese, garlic, and the olive oil from the bottom of the pan into a blender. Pulse to combine. Add the yogurt, lemon zest, and lemon juice into the blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve with pita bread, pita chips, and sliced veggies. Also works great as a sandwich spread.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 190Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 1456mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 8g
Nutrition data provided here is only an estimate.