The best Smoked Black Cod Dip you have ever had is right here, waiting for you to make it. Creamy, savory, smokey, and perfect to spread on your favorite cracker or toasted round of baguette.
Smoked Black Cod Dip Recipe
This smoked fish dip is such a wonderful addition to charcuterie boards, appetizer spreads, and holiday meals.
I always get excited when I see this on menus, but it is pretty rare in the places I’ve lived. I don’t ever remember seeing fish dip on a restaurant menu in the Midwest or Pacific Northwest, despite the prevalence of whitefish in both of these regions.
We’ve seen this one, most often, on the menus of restaurants in Florida.
More Easy Traeger Recipes here!
Smoked Black Cod Dip Shopping List
- Smoked black cod, or ingredients to make it yourself
- Cream cheese
- Sour cream
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Green onion
- Black sesame seeds
Get all of my FISH recipes!
How to make smoked fish dip
- Use the highest quality smoked fish you can get. It matters and is the main flavor in the dip, so don’t skimp!
- Put all the ingredients except for the paprika, green onion, and black sesame seeds into a large bowl and stir until they are evenly incorporated.
- Chill for 2-3 hours before serving.
- Sprinkle the top with the paprika, green onion, and black sesame seeds, and serve chilled with crackers or toasted baguette rounds.
Join our Easy Traeger Recipes Facebook group!
Are there any substitutions you can make here?
You can substitute plain yogurt for the sour cream if you’d like. It shouldn’t impact the flavor or texture of the end result negatively.
You can also use some lemon juice instead of lemon zest if you are in a pinch.
I’ve never tried subbing in lower-fat cream cheese, but I also tend the prefer my dairy full fat so I am definitely biased in that regard.
Any other substitutions, let me know how it goes! I always encourage people to experiment and adjust things according to their own tastes around here.
Get more awesome Appetizer Recipes!
How do you store Smoked Black Cod Dip?
This fish dip should be promptly refrigerated after it is served and kept covered in an air-tight container for 2-3 days.
I have not tried freezing this dip yet. If you try it, let me know if it comes back to life decently!
Pin For Later!
Easy Smoked Black Cod Dip is a snap to whip together and makes an amazing appetizer for any occasion!
- 1 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 12 ounces smoked Black Cod
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- Mix together all the ingredients except for the paprika, green onions, and sesame seeds.
- Chill for 2-3 hours.
- Top with the reserved ingredients and serve with your favorite crackers or toasted baguette rounds!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 160Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 85mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 6g
Nutrition data provided here is only an estimate.