We took tender smoked chicken breast and mixed it together with gorgonzola, a homemade Greek salad dressing, and fresh vegetables and mixed them all-together to make our Smoked Chicken Gorgonzola Pasta Salad! Perfect for lunches all week or as a side dish at your next bbq, potluck, or family gathering.
Smoked Chicken Gorgonzola Pasta Salad
Pasta salads are one of those things that traditionally are considered side dishes, but during the summer I make meals of them pretty frequently.
Especially pasta salads like this one that have plenty of meat and vegetables in the mix.
We used boneless skinless chicken thighs here, but you can use steak, chicken breast, or even sauteed shrimp in the mix here. Pasta salads make great “use up the stuff in the fridge before it turns” dishes, so get creative here.
Smoked Chicken Gorgonzola Pasta Salad shopping list
Wondering if you have to hit the store? Here’s the list of items you’ll need to make this recipe. For specific amounts, please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- chicken thighs
- cherry tomatoes
- assorted olives
- gorgonzola cheese crumbles
- parmesan cheese
- fresh oregano
- vinaigrette-style salad dressing
How to make Smoked Chicken Gorgonzola Pasta Salad
This is just the overview so you can see what you’re actually getting into here. When you are cooking, you’ll want to use the full recipe at the bottom of the page.
Preheat your grill to 200°. Put a pot of water on to boil.
Grill & Boil
Season the chicken thighs with salt, pepper, and Greek seasoning. Smoke for 1-2 hours, depending on how smokey you like them. Just make sure the internal temp gets to at least 165°F.
Boil the noodles to al dente, drain and rinse in cold water.
Mix together all the pasta salad ingredients until the dressing is evenly distributed.
Let the flavors meld in the fridge for a couple hours for the best results!
Smoked Chicken Pasta Salad FAQ
Air-tight container in the fridge, for up to 3 days. The pasta will keep absorbing the sauce, so you might want to have some extra on hand to refresh the salad for eating leftovers.
Yup! You can use bleu cheese or feta cheese in the mix here. You could really substitute in whatever cheese you felt like using. There are no rules in pasta salad.
Try using my Homemade Greek Vinaigrette in this recipe!
Want more pasta salad in your life?
Good, because I have a lot of them to show you! Pasta salads are kinda my thing.
- Ham and Pea Pasta Salad
- Caprese Pasta Salad
- BLT Pasta Salad
- Grilled Caesar Pasta Salad
- Easy Salmon Orzo Pasta Salad
- Greek Pasta Salad
- Tuna Pasta Salad
Great barbecue mains to serve at your cookout
- Smoked Brisket
- Smoked Pork Ribs
- Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- Shredded Beef BBQ Sandwiches
- Smoked Chicken Thighs
- Chicken Lollipops
- Sweet Heat Chicken Wings
- Smoked Pork Loin
- 2 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon Apollo's Greek Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound farfalle pasta
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup assorted olives, sliced
- 1 cup diced English cucumber
- 1/2 cup gorgonzola cheese crumbles
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 cup vinaigrette-style salad dressing
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Put the water on to boil and preheat your smoker to 200°.
- Season your chicken with salt, pepper, and the Greek seasoning. Smoke it for 1-2 hours, or until the internal minimum temp of the chicken thighs is at least 165°. Remove from the grill and dice.
- Boil your noodles until they are al dente. Run under cold water once they are done cooking.
- Combine the cherry tomatoes, olives, diced cucumber, crumbled gorgonzola, and fresh oregano with the salad dressing. Toss to evenly coat all of the vegetables. Mix in the pasta, and top with the shredded parmesan and diced grilled chicken.
- Chill for a few hours to let the flavors meld. Give it a stir right before serving, and drizzle on some more dressing (if you like it saucy).
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 290Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 654mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 13g
Nutrition data provided here is only an estimate.