Tuna Pasta Salad with Dill is one of my very favorite sides to serve at summer barbecues.
Tuna Pasta Salad with Dill
This recipe is delicious because it just tastes like summer to me. Pasta salad can go with almost anything from burgers and hot dogs to steaks, ribs, or pork!
It doesn’t matter what is going on that grill, really. If it’s warm out and we’re firing it up, and I’ve got a pot of water boiling and the tuna salad sauce getting mixed up.
My dilly tuna pasta salad recipe is a bit non-traditional in that it doesn’t include eggs or onions. I’m just not a big fan of raw onions or hard-boiled eggs, so I leave them out. Feel free to add them back in if that’s your thing. This recipe is super customizable!
Are you guys anything like me?
I CANNOT make a recipe as written to save my life, especially if it is not a baking recipe. I even tend to mess with those a bit. More vanilla. More chocolate chips. A different glaze. It’s always something.
What are some of your favorite barbecue recipes? I make this Perfect Grilled Asparagus A LOT. If you don’t like tuna, try my Zesty Italian Pasta Salad. Tell us about your favorites in the comments below!
Need More Ideas? How about these?
- 5 ounces solid albacore tuna packed in water, do NOT drain
- 1 cup mayonnaise, (reduced fat is fine)
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Gourmet Garden Stir-in Dill
- 1 pound macaroni noodles, cooked al dente, drained, and rinsed in cold water
- 1 cup frozen baby peas
- 1/2 cup dill pickles, diced
- 1 cup colby jack cheese, diced into small chunks
- Combine the tuna, mayo, mustard, garlic salt, onion powder, and dill in a large bowl. Mix until combined.
- Gently stir in the pasta, baby peas, pickles, and cheese. Toss well to coat in the sauce.
- Chill for at least an hour, and serve with your favorite summer bbq foods!
- Leaving the tuna undrained helps thin out the sauce a bit and adds some extra tuna flavor into the dish.
- If you add the peas in frozen, it’ll help keep the dish cold a bit longer. Frozen peas will also chill the salad faster.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 251 Total Fat: 18g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 13g Cholesterol: 22mg Sodium: 343mg Carbohydrates: 14g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 1g Protein: 8g