This simple side dish is cooked right on the pellet grill and features grilled zucchini and yellow squash with a bold Mediterranean spice blend.
Traeger Grilled Zucchini and Yellow Squash
Traeger Grilled Zucchini and Yellow Squash is one of these easiest and tastiest side dishes for summer. Grilled zucchini and squash are both seasoned with Spiceology Greek Freak. My favorite way to serve up summer vegetables.
My family and I have been loving fresh summer squash and zucchini from our garden. With not even a few minutes of prep, we are ready to toss on the pellet grill and get to cooking.
Zucchini and Yellow Squash Recipe
I sliced my zucchini and squash into wedges, like pickles. You get that mix of flesh and seeds in every single bite. Pair with a dipping sauce like buttermilk ranch, or eat alone. The seasoning on the veggies is a tasty and bold blend.
Is Summer Squash And Zucchini The Same Thing
That’s a great question! Most people would say yes, but I’m here to argue with them. Both yellow squash and zucchini fall under the summer squash umbrella, but they are much different vegetables.
Besides just the color, the internal makeup is different as well, and they taste quite different too.
See all my Easy Side Dish recipes!
More Zucchini Recipes
- Togarashi Zucchini | Spiralized zucchini seasoned with a Japanese Togarashi. Eat as a meatless option or pair as a side dish.
- Zucchini Bread | Don’t box zucchini into savory, try this sweet zucchini bread with chocolate chips. Light, moist, and perfect for any day of the week.
- Beef and Wild Rice Stuffed Zucchini | Stuffed zucchini is a hearty and savory dinner option. Seasoned beef and rice stuffed in a zucchini.
Get our Easy Traeger Recipes in one spot!
Are Squash And Zucchini Good For You?
Squash and zucchini are both great vegetables to add to your diet. They are high in water and offer an excellent source of fiber. Cooking them on the grill is a great option so you aren’t sauteeing them in fats, too, and I love the flavor that wood fire gives them as well.
What Is In Spiceology Greek Freak?
Basically magic. We use this stuff on soooo many things.
Spiceology’s Greek Freak is a unique spice blend. You will find you can taste onion, garlic, chili, orange, sundried tomato, and tons of earthy herbs. The spice blend can be used on meat both meat and vegetables. It is an all-purpose Mediterranean seasoning. If you like Greek food and flavors, I highly recommend buying this seasoning.
You can find a link to purchase this seasoning down in my recipe card. I recommend buying the big bottle. It is only a few dollars more than the home-sized version, and you won’t regret it.
What If I Don’t Have Greek Freak Seasoning
If you don’t have this seasoning, you can make your own or buy another brand of Mediterranean seasoning to sprinkle on. In a pinch, I’d sprinkle on oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and chili flakes.
Do You Grill Zucchini With The Skin On
I leave the skins on my zucchini and yellow swuash. Leaving the skin on helps to give the squash and zucchini more of a sturdy texture. Without it, I think it would just fall apart as it is grilled. It also tastes good, and isn’t bitter like some cucumber skin can be.
Can Zucchini Be Sliced Ahead Of Time
Absolutely. You can prep your zucchini and squash ahead of time. Just make sure you cover them with a damp paper towel or cloth. This will help them from drying out. Then place in the fridge until you are ready to use the vegetables.
That being said, this is a really fast dish to throw together so you really shouldn’t need to slice in advance.
What To Serve With Grilled Squash And Zucchini
- Smoked Beef Ribs | These tender beef ribs are made on the pellet grill as well. These ribs are cooked low and slow for that ultimate flavor that you will be dreaming about for days.
- Million Dollar BLT | Want something simple? Try this Million Dollar BLT. I spill ALL the tips and tricks to the best BLT you will ever eat.
- Traeger Smoked Meatloaf | Have you ever tried meatloaf on the grill? If you say no, this needs to pop up to the top of your list to try. This isn’t your grandma’s recipe!
- Beer Can Chicken | Juicy, tender chicken that is bursting with flavor. I know the concept might sound strange, but trust me it works. WELL! Give this recipe a try and make up the veggies to pair next to it.
How to Store Leftover Squash
You will want to allow your squash to cool slightly and then transfer it into an airtight container or sealable bag. Place in the fridge and store 1-2 days. Best served fresh, as leftovers become slightly mushy. You can eat leftovers cold or heat it.
Best Way To Reheat Zucchini and Squash
Zap in the microwave or warm up in the oven. Either route works. I like the oven since it helps with the texture, but in a time crunch, I have used the microwave.
- 2 zucchini
- 2 yellow squash
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon Greek Freak seasoning
- Preheat your grill to 375° following factory instructions.
- Slice the squash into quarters, the long way, and brush with oil and sprinkle with seasoning.
- Place on the grill and cook for 10-15 minutes. Turn every 3-4 minutes so all sides get some time directly on the grates.
- Remove and serve!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 48Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 763mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 2g
Nutrition data provided here is only an estimate. If you are tracking these things for medical purposes please consult an outside, trusted source. Thanks!