Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs are one of my favorite ‘dump and go’ dinners, and making these in the Instant Pot makes it even easier! Bold Asian flavors are pressure cooked deep into these chicken thighs, and you crisp up the skin with a quick bake under the broiler.
Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs
Chicken thighs are such a versatile cut of chicken. They are packed with flavor, inexpensive, and really do a great job of staying moist through cooking. All of the ingredients in my honey garlic chicken thighs are probably in your cupboard already. If not – update your weekly grocery list because this is stuff you ALL need to keep handy.
Cooking the chicken in the liquid in the Instant Pot does such awesome things to the meat. The flavors of the sauce really have a chance to come through. You can also be as aggressive (or not), as you’d like when it comes to the heat. If I didn’t have kids eating this, I would crank up the sriracha and toss in the chili garlic sauce too.
If you need more great Instant Pot recipes, you can find them here in my Instant Pot section!
What If I Don’t Have An Instant Pot?
If you don’t have an electric pressure cooker, you can totally cook these on your stovetop, or even if your oven. You’ll have to watch for doneness because I haven’t specifically tested in those appliances, but I don’t see any reason why it wouldn’t turn out amazing in either case.
These Pressure Cooker Chicken Thighs are a great main dish to go on top of a big pile of Jasmine rice next to a giant pile of stir-fried or steamed vegetables. You can even get fancy and “pot-in-pot” this dish in your Instant Pot if you’ve progressed to that level of Instant Pot professional.
Do I Have To Use Chicken Thighs?
Nope! You can totally use chicken breasts if you’d like. I would skip the broil at the end unless you use skin-on breasts. I would also not hesitate to throw a heap of wings into this mix either. SO delicious!
If you are looking for a way to use up the rest of those chicken thighs, check out my Chicken Tamale Pie Recipe!
- 7-9 chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- 1 tablespoon mirin, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons green onions, chopped
- Spray your Instant Pot lightly with cooking spray. Place the chicken thighs skin-side up directly into the bottom of the pot. Sprinkle the skin with salt and garlic salt.
- Pour the soy sauce, water, honey, mirin (if using) and garlic into the pot.
- Close the pot, seal the vent, and turn onto manual high pressure for 12 minutes.
- Once the time runs out, allow to naturally release the pressure for 20 minutes.
- Vent any remaining pressure, and carefully open the lid when it is safe to do so.
- Remove the chicken thighs to a lined baking sheet, and place under the broiler for 2-4 minutes, or until the skin crisps up a bit.
- While the chicken is broiling, whisk together the slurry ingredients, turn the Instant Pot to saute mode, and whisk in the slurry until the mixture is thickened.
- Remove the chicken from the broiler, serve with a big pile of rice and steamed vegetables.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 396 Total Fat: 21g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 14g Cholesterol: 187mg Sodium: 1363mg Carbohydrates: 20g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 18g Protein: 36g