With Skillet Garlic Beef Stroganoff, dinner is done in no time. Full of yummy steak, mushrooms, and hearty pasta; this skillet dinner is going to please your whole family.
Skillet Garlic Beef Stroganoff
I’m kind of obsessed with beef stroganoff dishes. I have an Instant Pot French Onion Beef Stroganoff recipe, a Beef Stroganoff Soup recipe that uses leftover chuck roast, and Beefy Noodles and Ground Beef Stroganoff recipes that turns ground beef into something amazing.
Amazingly enough though, this is my very first traditional stroganoff recipe that I’ve included on the site!
Start off by buying a nice flat iron steak. Other cuts will work well, but make sure to cut across the grain. Get your mushrooms and onions sauteing in a pan until the onions are translucent.
Once that is done, add in the extra butter and flour and stir to remove all of the lumps. Remove to a separate bowl and set aside.
We’re going to get that beef cooking now!
Get the pan nice and hot before you put the beef in. You want some color, because color = flavor in this dish.
Once the steak has color on both sides, deglaze the pan with your sherry. Follow that up with the onion mixture and the beef broth. Stir really well to combine the sauce, and bring up to a simmer and allow to thicken.
You’re going to love how this comes together! It is one of those dishes I make over and over again, and even though it has, *gasp* MUSHROOMS in it, the kids will still eat it.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup diced onion
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon Gourmet Garden Chunky Garlic
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1.5 - 2 pounds good quality steak, like a flat iron
- 1/2 cup sherry
- 3 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 pound egg noodles
- Put some salted water on to boil.
- Place 1 tablespoon of butter into a saute pan. Add the mushrooms and onions, and cook over medium heat until the onions are translucent. Add in another 4 tablespoons butter, the garlic, and the flour, and stir until all the lumps of flour are gone. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat with the oil in the pan. While it is preheating, slice your steak across the grain, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place into the hot pan, and cook for 3-4 minutes allowing each side to develop some color.
- Cook egg noodles in boiling water until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Deglaze the pan with the sherry and beef broth, add back in the mushroom/onion/flour mix, and stir to combine the sauce.
- Let simmer until thickened.
- Remove from heat, and place 1/2 cup of the sauce into a separate bowl with the sour cream. Mix to combine, and then stir that mixture into the dish. This will temper the sour cream so it doesn't break in the hot sauce.
- Serve over egg noodles, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 567 Total Fat: 35g Saturated Fat: 15g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 14g Cholesterol: 163mg Sodium: 615mg Carbohydrates: 24g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 3g Protein: 38g