Beef Stroganoff Soup is super simple, filling, and a hearty comfort food that your whole family will love.
Beef Stroganoff Soup
So last week I got a hankering for some pot roast, and threw some in the oven for the family. Complete with onion, carrots, and baby potatoes baked in with the roast.
Pot roast is one of my FAVORITE meals. And no matter how I try – I can’t call it oven roast. Or just a roast beef. Even though I DON’T cook mine in a pot, on the stove – pot roast it is. Old habits and all.
So I had a bunch of leftover roast beef, and nothing specific to do with it the other day. Which led directly to this little bowl full of awesome.
It’s beef stroganoff, but in really hearty soup form. It made a great mid-week lunch, and I can’t wait until the next time I have extra roast beef to make it for the family for dinner.
These noodles are perfect for soups and stews. They are a “homestyle” egg noodle, and take about 15 minutes to cook fully. That lets them retain their texture without getting mushy, even in leftovers the next day. BONUS. I buy mine in bulk at Costco, but I’ve seen them in lots of other grocery stores as well.
Need more ideas for chuck roast? I have some!
- 3-4 cups roast beef, shredded or diced
- 10-12 cups water
- 1/4 cup Better Than Bouillon, Beef (reduced salt)
- 2 cups crimini mushrooms, quartered, or baby bella
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1/8 cup dry sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups ish of homestyle egg noodles
- Sour Cream for garnish
- Place the beef, water, Better Than Bouillon, mushrooms, and onion in a large soup pot on medium heat. Bring the soup up to a simmer, and reduce heat to medium-low and continue simmering for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Add in sherry, seasonings, and egg noodles. Bring back up to a simmer and cook, stirring frequently, until the noodles are tender.
- Serve with a big dollop of sour cream.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 438 Total Fat: 21g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 151mg Sodium: 846mg Carbohydrates: 14g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Protein: 45g