A breakfast crescent ring with sausage and egg is the perfect start to a busy morning. Are you feeding a crowd? Make it easy with this amazing breakfast. Its full of cheesy scrambled eggs, sausage links, and spinach. Just bake, slice, and serve. You have awesome breakfast sandwiches ready to go in about 30 minutes.
Breakfast Crescent Ring with Sausage & Egg
I love crescent rolls.
It’s one of the few bread items that I don’t make from scratch, and actually prefer out of the refrigerated tube. There’s just something about those buttery, flakey layers, coupled with how fast and easy they are that I can’t duplicate on my own.
Start this by whipping up a batch of your favorite scrambled eggs. However you like them best. I like them with a splash of milk, and some salt and pepper. I know some people use water, some people use mayo (for real! It works!) – but you do your thing. If you don’t have a thing, do my thing – which I’ll list in the recipe.
Aren’t farm eggs awesome! That neon yellow is all-natural, folks. Totally unreproducible from the store, even if you do by “cage free” brown eggs. Not.the.same.
While you are at it, fry up some sausage as well. Lay out a roll of crescents on some parchment paper in a ring, and place the sausage on top.
Top that with some eggs, and lots of cheese.
Then give it a topping of spinach.
Now fold the dough up and over the mix and push it down into the middle of the ring.
Top that with some more cheese (are you sensing a pattern here?) and pop it in the oven for about 20 minutes.
Remove, slice, and serve.
- 6-8 large eggs
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5-6 links sausage browned and cooled
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 handfuls baby spinach optional
- 1 tube crescent roll dough
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Melt butter in a non-stick skillet over low heat, and scramble the eggs.
- While those are cooking, brown the sausage according to package directions. Set aside to cool.
- Place a large square of parchment on a baking sheet, and place the crescent roll dough into a ring shape. Place the sausage on top.
- [img src="https://www.orwhateveryoudo.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Breakfast-Crescent-Ring-4-150x150.jpg" width="150" height="150" class="aligncenter size-thumbnail" title="Sausage and Egg Breakfast Crescent Ring is a super easy and makes breakfast for a crowd in a snap. Reheats really well the next day too!" alt="Sausage and Egg Breakfast Crescent Ring is a super easy and makes breakfast for a crowd in a snap. Reheats really well the next day too!"]
- Next top with some cheese, the eggs, more cheese, and spinach (if desired).
- Fold the dough up and over the filling and press down into the middle of the ring. Bake at 375 for about 20 minutes, or until the dough is golden.
Like this recipe? Check out these great crescent-based recipes from my friends!
Bacon, Cheddar, and Jalapeno Pinwheels from Yellow Bliss Road
Apple Cream Cheese Breakfast Pastry from Yummy Healthy Easy
Sausage Cream Cheese Crescent Pinwheels from Life Love and Sugar
Salmon Crescent Rolls with Spinach and Feta from The Weary Chef
BBQ Chicken Crescent Rolls from Sugar Dish Me
Blueberry Cheesecake Crescent Rolls from Lemon Tree Dwelling
Cinnamon Crescent Rolls from Julie’s Eats and Treats
Payday Crescents from Lemons For Lulu