Apple Pie Spiced Waffles are less of a breakfast and more of an “OH GOSH GIVE ME THAT FOR DESSERT!” meal. The waffles are apple flavored with apple juice and an apple cider drink packet, and they are topped with tender skillet cooked apples, sweet caramel sauce, and cinnamon whipped cream.
Apple Pie Spiced Waffles
This dessert was one of the simplest I’ve ever put together, but it’s unique and delicious. They are also really fast to throw together. I used an apple cider spiced drink mix packet and some apple juice to flavor the waffles, which were made from a really great Belgian Waffles mix.
When you need something really easy, but super fancy-looking to bring for dessert? Break out the waffle mix and get a cookin’.
Those are topped with sautéed apples, whipped cream, and a sweet caramel sauce.
And then I sprinkled them with cinnamon powdered sugar. Good grief.
Since it is now officially the dark season, especially here in the Pacific Northwest – I’ve been shooting a lot outside on my front porch. I wanted to take a second to introduce you to my new assistants!
We adopted a couple of kitties a month or so ago. They are our new little buddies to assist with the rodent issues that can come along with having chickens, and they are adorable.
Our local humane society has a Barn Cat Program, and I’m so excited that we got to participate. We can’t have indoor kitties, much to my chagrin, due to allergies – so this was the perfect program for us.
The kitties are settling in very well, and are never far from the house. And they are getting lots of loves from the kids too!
There are two kitties – a boy and a girl, but they are identical looking. The only way I can tell them apart is because the little boy only gets about this close to me. 🙂 (This is way zoomed in. He likes to keep his distance unless I’m feeding him (at which time he will submit to pets.) He’s also getting to be quite a bit bigger than the sister of the pair.
I love having kittens again! Its been a number of years. They are the best!
- 3 cups Krusteaz Belgian Waffles Mix
- 1 packet spiced apple cider mix
- 1 1/3 cups apple juice
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 large apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- Whipped Cream
- Caramel Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon Powdered Sugar, 1/4 cinnamon + 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Mix together the waffle mix & apple cider packet until incorporated. Whisk in eggs, oil, and apple juice. Cook according to package directions in a pre-heated waffle iron. Set aside.
- After the waffles are cooked, melt butter in a large non-stick sauté pan. Whisk in the brown sugar and cinnamon. Place apples in pan, and gently toss to coat. Cook over medium-low heat until the apples are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Place some apples on top of a waffle, top with caramel and whipped cream, and sprinkle with cinnamon powdered sugar.