Our incredible Blackstone Mexican Pizzas take mini corn tortillas and sandwich them with some delicious taco meat, all the cheese, seasoned beans, and so many toppings! Make these for a quick lunch or dinner, use up some leftover taco meat, pulled pork, or brisket, and get eating!
Blackstone Mexican Pizza Recipe
I love a good Mexican Pizza. I know there are some Taco Bell haters out there, but I am not one of them. The Mexican Pizzas are legit, but sometimes I want something a little better than what they tend to stuff inside there.
We do so many different delicious taco and burrito fillings around here, and I usually make WAY too much. I love leftovers and so do the resident teenagers in the house, and tacos are always good for leftovers, especially when stuffed inside two crispy corn tortillas and turned into a Mexican Pizza!
More Blackstone Recipes here!
Mexican Pizza shopping list
Wondering if you have to hit the store? Here’s the list of items you’ll need to make this recipe. For specific amounts, please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Avocado oil
- Corn tortillas
- Shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Taco meat
- Pinto beans
- Sour cream
- Hot sauce
- Cilantro lime crema
Fill these with our Ground Beef Taco Meat
What kind of taco meat is best for Mexican Pizzas?
ANY kind is great! I have some fun suggestions below:
- Smoked Al Pastor
- Beef Birria
- Smoked Pulled Pork Taco Meat
- Smoked Shredded Beef
- Shredded Chicken Tacos
- Steak Fajita Meat
- Chicken Chile Verde
More South-of-the-Border Inspired Recipes here!
How to Make Mexican Pizzas on the Griddle
This is just the overview so you can see what you’re actually getting into here. When you are cooking, you’ll want to use the full recipe at the bottom of the page.
Fire up that griddle and let it get good and hot over medium heat.
The most important part of cooking on the griddle is to make sure you have EVERYTHING at hand. Spatulas, all the prepped ingredients, a tray to bring things back inside on. All. The. Things.
Put down some oil, and place 6 tortillas on the oil. Top with your chosen meat and some of the cheese and beans, and then another tortilla. Cook until browned. Drizzle some more oil on the top tortilla and then flip.
Brown the other side of the pizza and add cheese on top. Cover to let it melt.
Top the pizzas with your favorite garnishes.
Get munchin’! These crunchy, crispy pizzas are perfect for lunch, dinner, or a late-night snack.
Make some Instant Pot Mexican Rice with these!
Blackstone Mexican Pizzas FAQ
Can these be made ahead of time?
As with almost anything crunchy, these are best served right after cooking to maintain that good crunch. You can prep the meat and all the ingredients ahead of time, though! These are perfect to make if you have leftover taco meat.
What’s the best way to store and reheat leftovers?
If you do wind up making a couple of extras, or your eyes are just a little bigger than your stomach, you can store these in an airtight container in the fridge for a couple of days, and reheat them in the air fryer or the oven.
Can you use flour tortillas instead of corn?
You can, but you won’t get the crunchy crunch you’re after. But I’m not the boss of you, so if you want to make a glorified quesadilla, you do you! 😉
Try with my Smoked Salsa Verde
More great recipes to love!
- Homemade Bean Dip
- Homemade Guacamole
- Traeger Smoked Salsa
- Spicy Corn Salsa
- Spicy One-Pot Mexican Rice
- Blackstone Mexican Fried Rice
- Blackstone Mexican Street Corn (off the cob)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 12 small corn tortillas
- 3 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 3 cups taco meat
- 1 1/2 cups seasoned pinto beans
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1 avocado, diced
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons cilantro lime crema
- Preheat your Blackstone over medium heat.
- Prep all of your ingredients ahead of time and put them on a large baking sheet. Don't forget your utensils!
- Lay down a thin layer of oil on the griddle. Place 6 tortillas down, and quickly top with some meat, beans, and cheese.
- Place another tortilla on top, and drizzle a little oil on the top tortilla too.
- Let the bottom tortilla brown and crisp up, and then flip.
- Put some more cheese on the top, now crisp tortilla. Cover all of them with a large dome (or shut the lid of your Blackstone if it came with one.)
- Let the bottom tortilla crisp and the cheese on the top tortilla melt, and then remove from the griddle.
- Top with the tomato, avocado, sour cream, hot sauce, and cilantro lime crema, plus any of your other favorite taco fixings.
Any of your favorite taco meats will work great for this recipe. I've got some suggestions linked in the post above this recipe card if you scroll up.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 700Total Fat: 43gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 114mgSodium: 755mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 11gSugar: 4gProtein: 36g
Nutrition data provided here is only an estimate.