This incredibly simple Blackstone Flank Steak is simply seasoned with salt and pepper and perfectly cooked on the gas griddle to medium-rare. There’s nothing like a tender, delicious steak, and the Blackstone is the perfect place to cook it.
Blackstone Flank Steak
Flank steak is a lean cut of beef that’s known for its flavor and tenderness when cooked right. It’s versatile and can take on any flavor you throw its way. Whether you’re thinking tangy barbeque, zesty lime, or your secret spice blend, the flank steak is your canvas.
Flank steak loves high heat, and the griddle loves to give it. This means you get a nice, flavorful crust on the outside while keeping the inside juicy and tender.
As busy parents, we’re always on the lookout for recipes that are quick, easy, and a hit with the whole family. That’s another reason why you’ll love cooking flank steak on the Blackstone Griddle. It’s super fast! Just a few minutes on each side, and you’re done. Plus, with the griddle’s large cooking surface, you can whip up some veggies or sides at the same time. Talk about a time-saver!
Whether you are a seasoned grill master or you’re just learning to cook, flank steak on the Blackstone Griddle is a great starting point. It’s simple, forgiving, and gives you a chance to experiment with different flavors and techniques. Plus, there’s something incredibly satisfying about mastering the art of cooking steak. It’s a skill that will serve you well in your life!
More Blackstone Recipes here!
Blackstone Flank Steak Shopping List
Wondering if you have to hit the store? Here’s the list of items you’ll need to make this recipe. For specific amounts, please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Flank steak
Get 60+ Incredible Blackstone Recipes here!
How to make a Flank Steak on the Blackstone
This is just the overview so you can see what you’re actually getting into here. When you are cooking, you’ll want to use the full recipe at the bottom of the page.
Fire up the griddle and get it heating up over medium-high heat.
Pat the steak dry on both sides and season the steak with salt and pepper.
Put half your butter down and put the steak on top. Gently press down to ensure you’re getting that good sear. Let it brown and then flip and sear the other side.
Make sure you are monitoring the temp of the steak as you sear that second side. Flank steaks are relatively thin, so this is going to cook pretty quickly and you don’t want it to overcook. Pull the steak when the middle of the steak reaches 120-125°F.
Rest and Enjoy
Let the steak rest for 10-15 minutes, tented, to allow all of the juices to redistribute. Slice and enjoy.
Try with our Blackstone Smashed Potatoes!
Blackstone Flank Steak FAQ
Can this dish be made in advance?
Nope! Steak is not one of those things that you can make way ahead of time and reheat when you feel like eating it. Are the leftovers delicious? Sure! But not as delicious as it could be if you had eaten it when it was meant to be eaten, right after the rest.
Try with our Loaded Smoked Baked Potatoes!
More great steak recipes to love!
- If you are looking for a delicious lunch or dinner idea, our Traeger Grilled Steak Sandwich is one that will impress even your most “foodie” friends and family.
- These Blackstone Steak Fajitas are restaurant-quality, right at home! You don’t need a tiny sizzling plate walking through the restaurant when you can have an entire sizzling griddle cooking up enough fajitas to feed a small army!
- Our Grilled T-Bones are the perfect way to cook this incredible cut of beef. The live wood fire and steak are a perfect pair.
- Have a crowd to feed, and craving some teppanyaki? This Blackstone Teriyaki Steak Yakisoba will remind you of your favorite Japanese Steak House.
- Our Blackstone Grill Steak post walks you through everything you need to know to make a perfect steak on the griddle, no matter what cut you’re using.
- I love kabobs because they are basically a meal on a stick. Throw in a pita or naan bread, and WHOA. Fire up the grill and make these Traeger Grilled Steak Kabobs and find out what all the fuss is about.
- The Grilled Tomahawk Ribeye is probably the most impressive steak you can cook. Find out our fool-proof method, get the perfect crust, and enjoy your ribeye Tomahawk-style!
- Fresh udon noodles are so great to keep on hand for a quick dinner. With our Blackstone Steak Udon we can get dinner on the table in a snap and everyone is going to love it!
- 2 pound flank steak
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped oregano
- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat your Blackstone griddle to medium-high heat.
- Pat your steak dry with paper towels and season on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Put down on the griddle and press down gently to ensure an even sear across the entire surface.
- Flip once the first side gets a good sear and continue to sear the other side until the internal temperature reaches about 120-125°F. Remove from the griddle and let the steak rest, tented, for 10-15 minutes.
- Slice against the grain into thin slices. Serve hot, with chimichurri on top or for dipping.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 875Total Fat: 65gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 44gCholesterol: 194mgSodium: 1560mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 64g
Nutrition data provided here is only an estimate.