If you need something really special but don’t want to spend all day over the stove or what feels like your whole paycheck on a dinner out at a nice steakhouse, read on. Our Blackstone Filet Mignon with Lobster is the ultimate fancy at-home date night meal.
Blackstone Filet Mignon and Lobster
This epic Blackstone Surf & Turf is going to feel fancy enough for the most special of anniversaries or celebrations, but is easy enough even for beginner cooks to put together successfully. Gas griddles are a perfect way to cook this, even for a crowd, and serve everyone at the same time.
If you are feeling really fancy, order up some American Wagyu from Snake River Farms.
Filet Mignon and Lobster shopping list
Wondering what you need to pick up from the store? I’d got a list here for you! For specific amounts, make sure to refer to the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Filet Mignons (read below for my recommendations on sources for your meat)
- Lobster Tails
- Salt and Pepper
- Old Bay Seasoning
- Garlic Powder
How to make Blackstone Filet Mignon
Want to know how complicated (or not) this recipe is before you get too deep into the drool-fest? Read on! This is a brief overview of the recipe steps. Make sure when you are cooking to use the full recipe at the bottom of the post!
Preheat your griddle
Don’t skimp on this part! Proper preheating is essential to successful griddling! Medium-high heat is about perfect. You want the griddle surface to be between 450°-500°.
Season your steak and lobster
Don’t be shy!
About 3 minutes per side for the steak, and 2 minutes per side for the lobster. Use an instant-read thermometer like the ThermaPen IR for the best results! That’s got a probe thermometer and an IR surface temp gun that’s perfect for griddles!
What else can you serve with Filet Mignon?
We love a good steak around here, and the sides are just as important as the main to me. Try one of these awesome recipes to accompany your steak and lobster!
- Loaded Mashed Potatoes
- Smoked Scalloped Potatoes
- Loaded Baked Potatoes
- Mushroom Risotto
- Fresh Rolls
- Caramelized Onion Butter
- Homemade Caesar Salad
Try with my Smoked Potato Stacks!
Filet Mignon with Lobster Recipe FAQ
Absolutely! You could make this on a regular grill, or even inside in a cast iron pan on the stove if you don’t have a Blackstone or other type of griddle yet! We love our gas griddles, but other methods of cooking would work just as well here.
I do not suggest storing leftovers of this dish. It is much better served fresh. If you do happen to go a little overboard, you could definitely use the steak in the morning for some steak and eggs or a nice steak sandwich.
More recipes to love!
Treat yourself and/or someone you love to a fancy restaurant-quality meal right at home! Tender, beefy filet mignon. Buttery lobster tail right on top. Your person is going to be super impressed.
- 1 6-ounce filet mignon
- 1 4-ounce lobster tail
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- Preheat your griddle on medium-high heat according to factory instructions.
- Remove the meat from the lobster tail.
- Mix your salt, pepper, and garlic powder together and sprinkle it on both sides of your steak and lobster tail. Sprinkle the Old Bay seasoning onto both sides of the lobster tail.
- Put 1/2 of the butter onto the griddle top and put your steak on top of it. Let your steak cook for 3 minutes and then flip it. Cook for another three minutes and then check the temperature. Pull the steak from the grill when the internal temperature reaches 125 degrees and let it rest for five minutes.
- While your steak is resting, add the rest of your butter to the grill top and put the lobster tail on top of it. Flip the lobster after two minutes and cook for another two minutes. Place a dome on top if you have one available.
- Pull the lobster from the grill and place it on top of your steak and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 721Total Fat: 43gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 297mgSodium: 1276mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 75g
Nutrition data provided here is only an estimate.