This Perfect Grilled Asparagus is my favorite, ever, and once you try it I think it’ll be yours too! It isn’t often that I call a recipe “perfect”, so when I do – pay attention. This uses fresh asparagus, a simple seasoning, butter patties, and a hot grill to take the natural flavor of the asparagus and amplify it.
Perfect Grilled Asparagus
Did you guys know that my husband can cook his butt off? He’s developed many of the recipes you see here on this site, and this asparagus is another one of his specialties. It is simple, easy, and delicious.
We love doing this on our Traeger to add a touch of smoke to the mix, and I think you will too. If you don’t have a Traeger yet, don’t let that stop you. Order one below, and then still go cook this on whatever grill you have! Then visit my Traeger Recipe Collection for all of our awesome recipes in one convenient spot.
Grilled Asparagus is a special treat of the summer months when asparagus is tender and plentiful, and we like to have it as often as possible.
Serve this up at your next BBQ, and watch it disappear onto even the pickiest plates.
HOW TO GRILL ASPARAGUS
It is so easy to make this. Just do up a quick tin-foil tray with some sides on it. You don’t want that butter to run right off the edge!
Once that’s done you just pop it on the grill. It cooks in minutes, but don’t overdo it! You definitely want this to be a little under rather than a little over. No one likes limp mushy asparagus.
TIPS FOR GRILLING ASPARAGUS
- Preheat your grill! You want it hot hot when you put it on there.
- Don’t skimp on the seasonings.
- LESS IS MORE. Please don’t overcook!
- Make more than you think you’ll need. Even my vegetable-haters LOVE this. You’re going to want seconds.
- Buy the thin asparagus. No thicker than a pencil is ideal.
- Snap off the ends to prevent you from getting the tough woody parts.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH GRILLED ASPARAGUS
- A homemade Strawberry Lemon Daiquiri for sipping while you are standing over that hot grill!
- How about a Grilled Vegetable Pasta salad while you’re at it!
- What about your main dish? This Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Fresh Herb Sauce is fast, easy, and AMAZING.
- Spicy Grilled Chicken Wings are amazing for an appetizer or a main dish!
- Traeger Grilled Chicken Kabobs are a new family favorite. You don’t need a Traeger to make these, but you’re going to want one.
- Speaking of Traegers, this Grilled Chicken will blow your mind.
Perfect Grilled Asparagus
This asparagus is grilled and amazing. I don't bestow the "perfect" title easily. This one deserves it.
- 1 pound asparagus ends cut off or peeled, and washed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter salted
- Fold up a little foil tray with raised sides. You can also use a small baking pan for this, just make sure it has sides and is secure. Cut off the tough ends of the asparagus, and wash well. Let dry, and the toss with olive oil. Season evenly with seasonings, and lay in a single layer on baking tray.
- Top with pats of butter, and grill over medium heat until the asparagus is tender-crisp, about 6-8 minutes. Toss lightly in the butter that has melted in the bottom of the tray, and serve immediately.