Grilled vegetable pasta salad is packed with veggies, had loads of fresh basil and parmesan cheese, and is topped with a tangy Northern Italian dressing. Customize it with your favorite summer vegetables, or add some rotisserie chicken to make this into a meal.
This pasta salad is packed with vegetables. The pasta itself has 2 servings of vegetables in each serving of pasta!
One of my favorite summer dishes, ever, is pasta salads. Ever. It is the best part of a BBQ, in my opinion, and I’m always looking for new flavor combinations.
That’s a lot of veggies! I love using this kind of pasta for my kids, who tend to sometimes eat around the fresh vegetables that I put INTO the food.
With this pasta salad, you can’t get away from the vegetables, and plentiful. I make a big batch of this sometimes JUST for the leftovers. It gets better on day 2 after it gets nice and melded together.
- 1 box tricolor pasta cooked al dente and rinsed in cold water
- 3 - 4 cups chopped vegetables of your choice. I used bell peppers, asparagus, and zucchini.
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes whole or halved
- 1/2 bottle Northern Italian Dressing
- 4-5 leaves large basil chopped
- 1 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- In a grill basket, quickly grill vegetables until tender crisp. Let cool, and add to the pasta.
- Add the tomatoes, basil, parmesan and dressing to the salad. Stir to combine, and chill for a few hours to allow the flavors to meld.