BLT Bucatini pasta salad is a nice change in your summer pasta salad rotation! Filled with bacon, lettuce (or spinach, in this case), tomato, and a quick and easy sundried tomato sauce, its full of flavor and feeds a crowd!
BLT Bucatini Pasta Salad
Can you tell I’m on a major pasta salad kick lately? No? I’ve posted my dilly tuna pasta salad, zesty Italian pasta salad, grilled vegetable pasta salad, and my Italian sausage pasta salad with marinated mushrooms and olives. I’m just so into summer, and barbecues, and potlucks, and all of the fun summer holidays that we get together and celebrate each other!
This blt bucatini is straying away from a traditional blt in quite a few ways, but one of the biggest is that I used baby spinach instead of lettuce. I’d love to try this with some peppery arugula, but that wasn’t in my fridge this day and my chickens got ahold of all four of my lettuce plants in the garden, so I digress.
It also has a healthy heaping of Parmigiano Reggiano, and a super flavorful sun dried tomato sauce. You can customize this as much, or as little, as you want. If you are an onion fan, some chopped red onions would be amazing in this dish.
This is a unique, filling, and flavorful addition to your next potluck. Try it out, and let me know what you (and your guests) think!
- 1 pound bucatini
- 2-3 handfuls baby spinach
- 12-15 cherry tomatoes, one regular-sized container
- 1/2 pound bacon, fried, chopped, and grease reserved
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 tablespoon sun dried tomato & basil spread
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons bacon grease
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano Reggiano
- Cook the bucatini according to package direction. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Chop the tomatoes in half, and toss the pasta with the spinach, tomatoes, and bacon.
- Combine the mayo, sun dried tomatoes, garlic salt, and bacon grease. Mix well until combined. Toss the sauce over the pasta salad until everything is evenly coated.
- Chill for an hour, minimum, and give a liberal sprinkling of Parmigiano Reggiano before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 359 Total Fat: 24g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 16g Cholesterol: 40mg Sodium: 750mg Carbohydrates: 21g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 2g Protein: 15g