20 Minute Taco Soup makes an appearance in my kitchen at least twice a month. I love how easy it is, and I totally love it.
20 Minute Taco Soup
I’m not quite sure how we lept from Summer to Winter, but my brain seems to have skipped Fall completely. It may have been the unseasonably warm September that we had here in the Puget Sound region, or it may have been how incredibly busy September always seems to be, but either way I’m a little shell-shocked that Thanksgiving is only 4 weeks away, and Christmas is only 8. Did you hear that?? EIGHT WEEKS UNTIL CHRISTMAS!!!!!
I need to have about 3-4 quick meals on hand at any given time so if I don’t get a chance to plan and make something more involved, I’m not left scrambling during the dinner rush.
Need more soup recipes? I have them for you!
This 20 Minute Taco Soup is one of those meals that I know I can whip up in very little time, and most of my kids will usually eat it without putting up too much of a fight. That’s a win in my book!
This is a very typical “dump and go” meal. It would be easily adaptable to a slow cooker, and could be even easier and quicker if you are in the habit of pre-browning some ground beef and keeping it in your freezer.
You probably have most of these ingredients already in your cupboard right now. I always buy the big bulk packages of dry Ranch seasoning, for exactly this reason.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 small can green chilies
- 1 can rotel
- 1 can stewed tomatoes
- 1 can sweet corn
- 1 can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 packet taco seasonings
- 1 packet dry ranch dressing
- 4 cups water
- Brown ground beef and onion in a medium to large stock pot. Drain fat, and add in the rest of the ingredients.
- Simmer over medium-low heat stirring occasionally for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream, cheddar cheese, and crushed corn chips.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 279 Total Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 43mg Sodium: 583mg Carbohydrates: 26g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 2g Protein: 21g