Caramel Roll Cinnamon Cake is a super easy dessert that you are going to LOVE.
Caramel Roll Cinnamon Cake
I love a good shortcut now and then. Caramel rolls are one of my very favorite things, but they aren’t exactly a quick and easy fix. It takes some pre-planning. Some mixing. Some rising. Some rolling. Some cutting. Some more rising. Baking. Totally worth the time and energy you put into them, but when I needed a presentable dessert last weekend for Sunday dinner that could be done in two hours or less, that wasn’t it.
This caramel roll cinnamon cake, on the other hand, was JUST what we needed. It was totally simple to whip up. It was done completely in about an hour and a half.
I got this recipe from Laureen at Art in the Kitchen. There is such fantastic recipes, ideas, and photography over there!
This cake is all homemade, and is super moist and tender. If you need more ideas for desserts, I’d love to recommend my Checkerboard Marble Cake, Homemade Marble Pound Cake, Toasted Coconut Cake, or my no-bake Cherry Cheesecake Fluff Pie.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup salted butter melted and cooled
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4-5 tablespoons half and half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, sugars, milk, sour cream, vanilla, and eggs on low speed until combined. Slowly drizzle in melted butter and mix on low until butter is incorporated into the batter.
- Pour batter into a 9x13 baking pan that's been prepared with baking spray or greased and lightly floured.
- Mix topping ingredients together well. Spoon dollops of mixture on top of cake batter, and swirl in with a knife.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until a tester comes out with moist crumbs. (Filling mixture will still be slightly wet.)
- While cake is baking, combine caramel ingredients in a medium saucepan, and bring to a slow simmer stirring frequently. Lightly simmer for 5 minutes, and remove from heat and set aside.
- Remove cake from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Pour caramel sauce over cake.
- Let cake cool completely. Mix together glaze ingredients until no lumps remain, and drizzle over cake.
Best served the same day it is made.