This Tropical Mimosa is the perfect drink to transport you to a beachy paradise, right from your kitchen! Make it for Sunday brunch with your friends or sip it alone while soaking up the sunset. No matter when or where the fruity explosion from this mimosa is going to make it your new summer go-to!
Tropical Mimosas Recipe
If you love fresh fruit and prosecco, you’re going to absolutely LOVE this fun twist on the classic mimosa! Made up of fresh fruits, Malibu, pineapple juice, and topped with prosecco or champagne, what is there not to love?
Not only is it delicious, but it’s super easy, too! Just a few steps and then you’re sipping on bubbly, fruity deliciousness.
You’re going to want to take all of your favorite tropical fruits and put them into this. I used strawberries, pineapple, and mangos and blend them together with some pineapple juice and coconut rum.
Once everything is blended together, pour the mixture into an ice cube tray and pop it in the freezer until it’s completely frozen.
Grab your boozy ice cube creation and pour your bubbly of choice over it and you have the perfect summer drink!
The best part – it won’t get watery while you bathe in the sun, and it’ll just become more and more fruity as the ice cubes melt!
Can I Use Different Alcohol?
Absolutely! Any sparkling wine would work in this tropical mimosa. Some good suggestions are:
- Crémant – This French sparkling wine is an amazing substitute for champagne; similar taste with a little French twist!
- Pétillant Naturel – For a rustic feel, try this French classic! Pétillant Naturel is a truly unique bottle, each one is a little different from the next! This definitely will add some fun to your drink making.
- Moscato d’Asti – For a sparkling wine with a lower alcohol content, this is a perfect choice! Its sweetness will go well with any tropical fruit mixture you can imagine!
- Cava – This Spanish wine will add a special flair to your tropical cocktails! With a hint of the sea in each bottle, the sweet and salty mixture is dreamy and will transport you straight to the beach!
- Lambrusco – For a red twist on this tropical getaway, try adding this Italian gem. It’ll surely be the stand-out of the night!
- Non-Alcoholic – Try using a sparkling grape juice if you want to have a family friendly mimosa! Just as delicious and easy to do!
Basically, you can pick any sparkly, bubbly drink you want and chances are, it’s going to taste delicious!
Not a fan of the coconut rum in the mixture? Feel free to use any kind of coconut rum you like! Or change it up and use a different tropical flavored liquor like lime, kiwi, grapefruit, passionfruit – whatever sounds good!
If you’re feeling really adventurous, you could try using fruit liquors like dragon fruit, lychee, hibiscus, papaya, or guava!
Can I Use Different Fruit?
Of course! The options are limitless as far as your fruit combos go.
Try using fruits like kiwis, bright citruses, and berries to keep the tropical feel going, but the options and combinations are limitless.
To add a little something different to the drink, try adding herbs! Mint would make an AWESOME addition to the tropical feel, and adds to the refreshing taste!
This frozen bellini below is another great option for a frozen cocktail.
What to Serve With Tropical Mimosa:
- Anything eggy! – Try making my Smoked Salmon Scrambled Eggs or Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict for a brunch hit! Serve it with some tropical fruit salad to tie it all together.
- Berry french toast. – Make your favorite french toast recipe and serve it up with my Instant Pot Strawberry Sauce or Blueberry Syrup for a double-fruity flavor burst.
- Pancakes – My Blueberry Pancakes will be a delicious treat to have with these babies! Fluffy pancakes with the sweet and tangy tropical mimosa is a truly decadent taste.
- Shrimp – What goes better with tropical flavors than seafood? Try making my Shrimp Ceviche and Coconut Shrimp for your next cocktail party instead of a boring shrimp ring! You’ll feel like you’re right in the Bahamas!
- Coconut – Anything with coconut would be amazing with this drink, and I have my eyes set on a dreamy, tropical dessert with my Toasted Coconut Cake Recipe! What could be better than eating cake, sipping a drink, and feeling the warm sunshine on you?
- 4 cups frozen tropical fruit blend (strawberry, mango, pineapple)
- 1 cup coconut rum
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- prosecco or champagne
- Blend together the frozen fruit, rum, and pineapple juice. Pour into ice cube trays (or the long cocktail ice cube tray linked below) and freeze until frozen.
- Place into glasses and pour bubbly over the top. Serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 183Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 5mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 2gSugar: 21gProtein: 1g
Nutrition data provided here is only an estimate. If you are tracking these things for medical purposes please consult an outside, trusted source. Thanks!