Tired of the same-old red sangria? My White Sangria is going to be the perfect drink for you! Sweet, fruity, simple, and perfect for these hot summer nights! Try making it for a cocktail party to treat your friends!
White Sangria Recipe
Not a huge fan of red wine or traditional red sangria? Well, white wine drinkers, welcome to the sangria club! I love this recipe because just like red sangria, it’s completely customizable and delicious no matter how you mix it.
In my recipe, I use simple syrup, apple brandy, Pinot Grigio white wine, and some delicious fruits like cranberries, apples, limes, oranges, and peaches!
Served ice cold, this makes the perfect drink to sip on when you want a boozy refresher! With these hot, humid nights, you just need a little something to take the heat away!
Click here to save this post for later!
What Kind Of Alcohol Can I Use?
For this recipe, you can use whatever white wine you’d like. It’s mostly up to personal preference, but I’d stick to something dryer and more acidic to complement the sweet fruit.
If you don’t have any Pinot Grigio on hand, a good Riesling would be a perfect substitute. You can also use a Moscato and it would be delicious.
If you wanted to, you could even use a sparkling wine to make something in between sangria and mimosa. It would make an amazing brunch drink!
Apple brandy fits in flawlessly with the fruit mixture I’ve picked, but if you want to change up the fruit, pick a brandy that works with it! I’ll suggest a few below.
What Fruit Should I Use?
There are endless fruit combinations you can whip up for this cocktail! I know, flavor matching can be difficult, so here are a couple of suggestions for a fun twist on my recipe:
- Citrus Bliss | For a refreshing pop of citrus, try mixing together oranges, lemons, and limes! Brandy suggestion: Traditional brandy.
- Go Tropical | For a tropical taste, try combining pineapple, mango, orange, and green apples with fresh mint leaves! Brandy suggestion: Apple or honey-infused brandy.
- Berry-licious | To all of my berry lovers out there, try mixing together strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries for a berry-dream come true. Brandy suggestion: Blackberry brandy.
- Scrumptious stonefruit | Use peaches and plums with a couple of blueberries for a pop of flavor! Brandy suggestion: Peach Brandy.
Try one or all five, but I promise you’re going to love whichever one you choose!
How Should I Serve My Sangria?
Ideally, you want your sangria to be ice cold and you want to let it sit with all of the ingredients combined together for at least one hour. Overnight is preferable. This lets the flavors meld together so it tastes as good as possible!
If you’re in a rush, the ABSOLUTE minimum for letting it sit is 15 minutes – again, the longer the better.
When you’re ready to pour out your delicious creation, serve it over ice and get some of the fruit in each glass!
When you’re done for the day, store your sangria in the fridge. You’ll be able to enjoy it for the next couple of days. If you worry about the fruit going bad before then, you can remove it and replace it with fresh fruit.
What Should I Serve With This Drink?
I don’t know about you, but when I see this drink my mind instantly goes to desserts! Here are some decadent treats that would go with this drink to make a delicious duo!
- Meyer lemon orange meringue pie | The hint of orange-y citrus in the drink ties together beautifully with this pie! Plus, who doesn’t love a good meringue?
- Instant pot strawberry cheesecake | Need a quick dessert fix? This will be perfect for you! The creamy cheesecake and dry white wine taste SO good together. Besides, we all know that wine and cheese were meant to be together!
- Toasted coconut cake | Summer, coconuts, sangria – what could be better? The sweet fruit in the drink with the nutty coconut is truly what dreams are made of!
- Almond delights cookie bar | If you just want to make a simple, easy dessert, these almond bars make the best sweet little treat! Nutty almond and sweet dough are a refreshing taste between sips!
- Easy Berry Crisp | Who doesn’t love a crispy bite of berry deliciousness? Fresh fruits coming together for a flavor-filled combo that promises not to disappoint!
Feeling like something more savory than sweet?
Anything seafood would go with this drink! Try my Delicious Traeger Grilled Seafood Recipes, Seafood Bisque, Shrimp Ceviche, Traeger Clams, or Traeger Grilled Rockfish.
Refreshing white sangria is packed with fruit, crisp white wine, and apple brandy. One of my favorite summer cocktails, you need to whip up a batch of this for your next barbecue, cookout, or potluck!
- 1 bottle white wine
- 1 - 2 cups apple brandy
- peaches, cherries, lemon, lime, and apple
- lemon-lime soda (optional)
- Combine all ingredients and let chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- If you'd like a lighter drink and some fizz, add in some lemon-lime soda right before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 149Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 10mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 2gSugar: 13gProtein: 1g
Nutrition data provided here is only an estimate. If you are tracking these things for medical purposes please consult an outside, trusted source. Thanks!