Make this spicy honey sriracha chicken with rice noodles tonight for a quick dinner packed full of flavor. This is really simple to throw together, and you can customize the heat to your family’s tastes.
Spicy Honey Sriracha Chicken with Rice Noodles
I just love chicken + broccoli combinations, and anytime I can come up with a new dish that can support those two ingredients, I’m all over it! It also helps that broccoli is one of the only vegetables that my kids don’t balk at eating – so I tend to default to that quite a bit. Sometimes you just have to go with what works.
I love doing rice noodles instead of rice for the kids. Not only are they great tasting, they are also WAY less mess than rice.
Every time I reach for rice for an “easy” side dish for dinner, I kick myself during clean up because seriously? What’s worse than a bunch of sticky rice stuck to the floor, the chairs, and the table?
Not much as far as dinner messes are concerned!
More great Asian-inspired recipes here!
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons sriracha, that much makes it fairly spicy. Use less if you can't handle the heat.
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 1/3 cup water
- 2-3 large chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 2 tablespoons oil, Use something with a high smoke point. I like avocado oil for this.
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 8-10 oz rice noodles, pre-soaked
- Combine the soy sauce, honey, sriracha, mirin, rice vinegar, corn starch, and water. Mix until combined and there are no lumps left.
- Place the sauce in a bowl or a large baggie with the chicken chunks. Let marinate for 10-15 minutes.
- Place the oil into a large non-stick frying pan or a well-seasoned wok and let preheat over medium-high to high heat until it is hot and shimmering.
- Using tongs, take the chicken out of the marinade/sauce mixture, and quickly stir fry. You may have to do this in two batches. You don't want your pan completely full.
- Quickly stir-fry the chicken until the outsides are no longer pink. Add in the broccoli, cabbage, and pre-soaked noodles. Add in some of the excess sauce/marinade, and stir fry for 4-5 minutes, or until vegetables are cooked and sauce is thickened. Repeat with the rest of the ingredients if necessary.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 525Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 818mgCarbohydrates: 91gFiber: 6gSugar: 15gProtein: 22g
Nutrition data provided here is only an estimate. If you are tracking these things for medical purposes please consult an outside, trusted source. Thanks!