This Herbed Garlic Linguini is a perfect side dish to go with your next barbecued steak, chops, chicken, or fish.
This herbed garlic linguini is so fast, you’d better put your water on to boil first, or the sauce will be done before the noodles!
These kinds of side dishes are my favorite thing to have the ingredients for. I can send my husband out with some random meat for the grill, and in like 2o minutes have the rest of dinner totally done and ready to go.
The kids also love this, and it is so much better than anything that comes out of a box.
I’ve got more quick side dishes here on the site too, that you have to check out!
This easy Pressure Cooker Mexican Rice is one of the most requested sides I have. Goes great with tacos or enchiladas!
Loaded Nachos Supreme is more a main dish than a side, but when you are feeding a crew these can totally do double duty. Great for roving hordes of hungry children coming home after school too.
- 1/2 pound linguini noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon chicken "better than bouillon" reduced sodium base
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 pinch oregano
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons + 1.5 teaspoons flour
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded asiago cheese
- Boil well-salted water, and add pasta. Stir frequently, and cook according to package directions.
- While the water is heating, melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a medium skillet. Add garlic, and saute for 1 minute. Add wine, water, chicken base, and herbs. Simmer over medium heat.
- After pasta is done cooking, drain and add remaining 3 tablespoons of butter into the noodle pan. Whisk in flour, and cook over low heat for 2 - 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Add herbed wine mixture into the butter mixture, and whisk until combined. Stir until thickened, and add in pasta and toss to coat. Salt to taste.
- Grate asiago over top and serve immediately.