Ready for a flavor bomb? We’re harnessing the power of Blackstone Griddle to supercharge TikTok’s trending Chopped Italian Sandwich sensation. It’s time to level up your grill game and deliver a punch of Italian flavor straight all the hungry mouths waiting for food at your table. We’ve taken this viral delight, added a sizzling twist, and turned it into a griddle-cooked sensation. Roll up your sleeves and gear up for an unforgettable ride, we’re about to take this sandwich to a whole new realm of deliciousness!
Blackstone Chopped Italian Sandwich
This viral TikTok sensation is getting the griddle treatment in this new twist on a popular social media craze. We took pepperoni, salami, and ham, chopped it up, and let it get sizzling hot on the griddle before being smooshed between two pieces of a toasty Italian loaf that was loaded with melted provolone cheese.
Then, we amped up the whole thing by dousing some lettuce in a homemade (and easy) Italian Vinaigrette.
The teenagers in the house ate all of these with no complaints and said it needed to return to the menu, stat. We’re busy coming up with more fun variations for this easy, toasty, satisfying meal.
More Blackstone Recipes here!
Chopped Italian Sandwich shopping list
Wondering if you have to hit the store? Here’s the list of items you’ll need to make this recipe. For specific amounts, please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Italian sub loaves
- Sandwich-sized pepperoni
- Sandwich-sized salami
- Provolone cheese
- Romaine lettuce
- Pickled yellow peppers
- Red wine vinegar
- Olive oil
- Italian seasoning blend
Try our Blackstone Salmon Sandwich!
How to make a Chopped Italian Sandwich on the Blackstone
This is just the overview so you can see what you’re actually getting into here. When you are cooking, you’ll want to use the full recipe at the bottom of the page.
Fire up that griddle and get it preheating over medium heat.
Chop up those meats, whisk up the dressing, slice your bread, slather with mayo, and assemble your utensils and a tray to build these delicious sandos on.
Put the bread cut-side down on the griddle. Put the chopped meat on the other side. Brown the bread. Stir the meat occasionally and cook until it is hot and getting some crispy edges.
Put the cheese on the bread as soon as it comes off the griddle, and then put the hot meat on top of the cheese to help it melt.
Toss the shredded lettuce with the dressing, and pile it all on the sandwiches.
Slice the sandwiches in half and dig in!
Chopped Italian Sandwich FAQ
Can this be made ahead of time?
Sure! Just wait to toss the dressing with the lettuce until right before you serve the sandwiches. You can grill up the meat and the bread before-hand, wrap it in foil, and then fully assemble once you’re ready to eat.
What’s the best way to store and reheat leftovers?
Only assemble what you’re going to eat in one sitting, for starters. Lettuce on a sandwich doesn’t keep. If you DO assemble too much to eat in one sitting, eat the leftovers cold instead of reheated for the best results.
Are there any recommended substitutions or additions?
This is a sandwich, and sandwiches are very flexible. Want some onions? Chop them up and toss with the lettuce. Love mustard? Drizzle that in the dressing too, or right on the bread after it comes off the griddle.
Our Traeger Grilled Steak Sandwich is delicious too!
More great sandwich recipes to love!
- We took a whole smoked chicken and then cubed it up and mixed it into the best Smoked Chicken Salad Sandwich I’ve ever had! If you haven’t had our version of chicken salad, you’re missing out!
- Season and grill a whole chicken breast and make our delicious and simple Traeger Grilled Chicken Sandwich. Such a great lunch or dinner option!
- It is the best of both worlds in our French Onion French Dip sandwich recipe. Tender shredded beef, lots of delicious caramelized onion, melty
- If you’ve got access to fresh salmon filets, don’t skip on our Grilled Salmon Sandwich! It is one of my favorite ways to use salmon.
- Smoked Hot Roast Beef Sandwich Boats are a hot beef’s grown-up, fancier, more delicious older cousin. Smoked and roasted chuck roast, smothered in gravy, all spooned into fresh French rolls.
- Sometimes, shockingly, I skip the pasta and opt for a sandwich version of some of my favorite dishes instead, and our giant Chicken Parmesan Sandwich tops this list. You’ll love all the familiar delicious flavors, all in sandwich form!
- Sandwiches aren’t just for lunch and dinner! Make a Blackstone Steak and Egg Bagel Sandwich, wrap in foil, and eat on the go!
- Fire up that smoker and break out the beef roast, our shredded and Smoked BBQ Beef Sandwich is full of delicious bbq sauce and is a classic bbq dish.
- This easy Traeger Reuben Sandwich uses a smoked corned beef brisket and gets toasted up on the Blackstone griddle!
- Blackstone Philly Cheesesteaks are a classic and one of the best things you can make on the griddle!
- 3 Italian sub bread loaves
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 10 slices sandwich-sized pepperoni
- 10 slices sandwich-sized salami
- 10 slices ham
- 10 slices provolone cheese
- 3 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 3 tablespoons diced pickled yellow peppers
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your griddle over medium heat. Let it heat up for 10 minutes, minimum.
- While the griddle is preheating, slice the bread loaves in half, leaving them connected on one side.
- Spread the mayo evenly on both sides of each loaf of bread.
- Take the meat and cut it into 1/2" cubes.
- Mix up all of the dressing ingredients and whisk briskly until it is emulsified.
- Put the chopped meat down on the griddle along with the cut bread loaves, mayo-side down.
- Flip the meat over a few times until it is hot and sizzling and some of it is getting some browned bits on the edges.
- Cook the bread, pressing down gently on the top as needed, until it is golden brown and toasty.
- Pull the bread off the griddle and immediately place 3 cheese slices on each loaf.
- Carefully remove the cooked meat from the griddle and put it on the bread loaves.
- Toss the lettuce with the dressing and load that up on the subs too. Close, cut in half, and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1107Total Fat: 65gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 41gCholesterol: 151mgSodium: 3214mgCarbohydrates: 70gFiber: 6gSugar: 10gProtein: 62g
Nutrition data provided here is only an estimate.