A simple morning breakfast made even more delicious with fresh fruit! This Homemade Banana Pancakes Recipe will be your new breakfast bestie. Serve with whipped cream and toasted coconut for a banana cream pie waffle, or as is with fresh banana slices and real maple syrup.
Easy Banana Waffles
Just when you thought waffles couldn’t get better, here comes this can’t-miss recipe right into your life. Sorry, not sorry, I couldn’t resist either. It is worth it. The kids will also love this one, especially the banana lovers in your life. These are best fresh, but you can make extras if they need something super fast and easy (and homemade) to make in the mornings before school.
Try our Homemade Dry Pancake Mix too!
Banana Waffles shopping list
Wondering if you have to hit the store? Here’s the list of items you’ll need to make this recipe. For specific amounts, please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- baking powder
- maple extract
- maple syrup
Try our Banana Coffee Cake too!
How to make Banana Waffles
This is just the overview so you can see what you’re actually getting into here. When you are cooking, you’ll want to use the full recipe at the bottom of the page.
Waffle irons tend to take a while to heat up fully. Make sure to let it preheat for at least 10 minutes before cooking on it.
Combine the dry ingredients in one bowl. Mix the wet ingredients in another. Mix them together and stir until everything is evenly incorporated.
Spray a little cooking spray on your iron. Pour about 1/4 cup of batter into the hot waffle iron and cook until golden brown.
Repeat until all are cooked.
Top with fresh sliced bananas and maple syrup.
How about some Traeger Banana Bread too?
Banana Waffles FAQ
How do you store leftovers?
Store these in the freezer in an airtight freezer bag for a couple of weeks.
What’s the best way to reheat leftovers?
Reheat in the toaster or microwave for best results.
Caramelized Banana Trifle is a great banana dessert!
More fruity dessert recipes
- Strawberry Salad with Red Wine Vinaigrette
- Blackstone Raspberry Pancakes
- Strawberry Jalapeńo Salsa
- Blackberry Jam Daiquiri
- Raspberry Jam
- Blueberry Pancakes
- Whipped Cranberry Goat Cheese
- Blackberry Limeade Popsicle
- 2 bananas (1 smashed and 1 sliced for toppings)
- 1 ½ cups of flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 egg
- 1 cup of milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon maple extract
- Maple syrup for topping
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- In a large mixing bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and cinnamon.
- In another mixing bowl, using a hand mixer, beat the banana, eggs, milk, vanilla extract, and maple extract.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir until combined.
- Give your waffle iron a small spray of cooking spray.
- Pour a quarter cup of batter into the waffle iron. Cook until golden brown.
- Top with sliced bananas and maple syrup.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 264Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 78mgSodium: 460mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 2gSugar: 16gProtein: 9g
Nutrition data provided here is only an estimate.