Fire up the pellet grill and hurry up and buy some more cream cheese because we’re going to make the tastiest appetizer that resembles a crime scene, ever. The hit of your Halloween party, this Smoked Bacon Jam Cream Cheese can be served with crackers, vegetables, or something creative and scary (ideas below) to complete the spooky look.
Halloween Smoked Cream Cheese with Bacon Jam
I love Halloween, but with so many little kids around to chase around neighborhoods from house-to-house without losing anyone in the process (or my mind, trying to count kids), we don’t often get the chance to go to a proper Halloween Party with all of the spooky fixings that often come along with them.
This year, we’re making it happen and the first thing on the menu is going to be this gory-looking Smoked Cream Cheese. We coated it with rub and topped it with grape jelly and bacon before hitting the pellet grill for a good smoke sesh.
The result tastes sweet, creamy, tangy, and with a big punch of savory, salty bacon in the mix.
Check out all of my Traeger Recipes!
Smoked Bacon Jam Cream Cheese shopping list
Wondering if you have to hit the store? Here’s the list of items you’ll need to make this recipe. For specific amounts, please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- cream cheese
- olive oil
- OWYD Everything Rub (or your favorite)
- grape jelly
Get more awesome Appetizer Recipes!
How to make Halloween Smoked Cream Cheese
This is just the overview so you can see what you’re actually getting into here. When you are cooking, you’ll want to use the full recipe at the bottom of the page.
Preheat your smoker
200° is perfect, or as close to it as you can get!
Make cuts & season
Cross-hatch the cream cheese, brush with oil, and season with the Everything Rub (or your favorite blend). Mix the jam and the bacon together and place on top of the cream cheese.
About an hour is fine. Up to two hours is awesome.
Serve hot OR cold
It is great both ways. We like it with Ritz crackers or pita triangles.
What else could you serve with Bacon Jam Smoked Cream Cheese?
We like to keep it fairly simple with the accompaniments to this. Ritz are great. So are most crackers that you’d see on a charcuterie board or cheese plate.
Do you want something sweet but also disgusting-looking on your Halloween buffet? Try this Icky Intestines Bread from Sugar Dish Me or this Kitty Litter Cake from Amanda’s Cookin’. This would also be perfect on Danielle’s Halloween Charcuterie Board too!
Follow me on Instagram!
More recipes with cream cheese
We love cream cheese, and it shows. Check out some of these other recipes featuring cream cheese on the site, and let me know what you think!
- Traeger Smoked Cream Cheese
- Smoked Cream Cheese Guacamole
- Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- Smoked Garlic Pig Shots
- Double Smoked Artichoke Dip
- Traeger Eggnog Cheesecake Recipe
- Traeger Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose BBQ Rub (like our Everything Rub)
- 1/2 cup cooked and chopped bacon
- 1/4 cup grape jelly
- Preheat your pellet grill or smoker to 180-200°,
- Make cross-hatch slices in the top of the brick of cream cheese and place it onto a grill-safe baking sheet that's been lined with parchment or non-stick foil.
- Brush with oil and sprinkle with the Everything Rub (or whatever rub you are going with).
- Place the bacon on top and the jam on top of that, and put the whole thing in the smoker.
- Smoke for 1-2 hours, and serve warm. You can also serve cold. Do whatever you want, this is your show. 😉
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 171Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 264mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 5gProtein: 5g
Nutrition data provided here is only an estimate.