My Cream Cheese Pound Cake is one of my favorite ways to have Strawberry Shortcake. Don’t let that stop you though. This cake stands up all on its own too.
Cream Cheese Pound Cake
I don’t know how I have been baking constantly for the last 9 years without EVER doing a pound cake, but somehow this escaped my radar.
This week I had two pounds of strawberries that needed to get eaten, and one of my favorite desserts (ever) is Strawberry Shortcake. I have a traditional version made with biscuits here on my Strawberry Shortcake recipe.
Sometimes though, it just doesn’t quite hit the spot and I’m just in the mood for something different to pass my “perfect strawberry shortcake” test.
This is a pretty standard pound cake recipe. It came out very moist, tender, and flavorful.
Definitely use real butter, and full fat cream cheese. No substitutions here!
How to Make Amazing Cream Cheese Pound Cake
Begin by creaming together the butter, sugar, and cream cheese until they are light and fluffy.
Add in the eggs, one at a time, and beat well after each addition. Add in the vanilla extract next, and mix to combine. Next combine your dry ingredients together and stir, and then add to the wet mixture. Mix until you can see no more dry flour.
Pour the batter into prepared baking pans. Personally, I LOVE the Pam Baking Spray with flour in it, but if you don’t, a good old-fashioned butter and flouring will do just fine.
NOTE: I overfilled my pans. These were too small for the amount of batter this makes, so make sure and either use large loaf pans or a bundt pan.
Bake for 1 1/4 – 1 1/2 hours at 325 degrees. Keep an eye on them near the end, and remove when a tester comes out clean, or with only a few moist crumbs. Let the cakes cool in the pans for 10 minutes, and then remove to finish cooling on a wire rack.
Honestly, these were good enough to eat plain. They didn’t NEED any garnishment, but the only thing better than plain pound cake is pound cake covered in macerated strawberries, sweet vanilla whipped cream, and fresh sliced strawberries.
Make this today and report back! I want stories, and I want pictures! If you send me photos of your creations from this site I will feature them on a future post and/or my facebook page.
- 1 1/2 cups butter, salted & softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Cream butter, sugar, and cream cheese together until light and fluffy. About 4-5 minutes using a stand mixer, a little longer using a hand mixer.
- Add the eggs one at a time, and beat well after each addition. Add vanilla and mix until combined.
- Combine dry ingredients and whisk to combine. Add to the wet ingredients and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour batter into two large, prepped loaf pans, or one large prepped bundt pan. Bake at 325 for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pans for 10 minutes, and then turn cakes out onto a wire rack to finish cooling.