Easy Berry Crisp is one of my favorite fall and winter desserts. Use fresh or frozen berries, and make sure to serve it with a dollop of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream!
Easy Berry Crisp
Do you ever find yourself needing to put something really really great on the table, but you just don’t have hours to spend in the kitchen mixing and baking and checking and frosting and on and on and on?
Like all the time.
I LOVE baking a creating, but hours making messes in the kitchen also often means hours cleaning up those messes, or watching them sit there until someone takes pity on me and helps a girl out.
Either way though, sometimes the time – It just gets away from me.
If you are anything like me, try this awesome easy berry crisp.
You don’t even REALLY have to measure this. I mean – you CAN, but it isn’t completely necessary.
You just toss enough frozen berries in a pie plate to fill it up, slightly heaping. Then pour a cup or two of sugar in over the berries. If you want to be fancy, use equal parts raw sugar and white sugar.
Top it with a quick crisp which is literally just equal parts butter, brown sugar, flour, and oats with a dash of cinnamon. You can use a food processor, or if you don’t feel like dirtying the dishes, just use your hands and dive in there.
Top it, bake it, and serve it with a big scoop of vanilla bean ice cream, or sweetened whip cream.
More easy desserts for you to try!
- 4-5 cups frozen mixed berries
- 1-2 cups sugar (white, raw, or brown)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, diced and slightly softened
- Place berries in your pin pan. Pour sugar over the berries, and sprinkle lemon zest and vanilla on top.
- Place the oatmeal, flour, and brown sugar into a bowl. Mix to evenly distribute them. Put diced butter into the bowl and use a pastry blender or your hands to combine until the mixture is crumbly.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the berries, and bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes, or until the mixture is bubbly, delicious, and the top is golden brown.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 724 Total Fat: 25g Saturated Fat: 15g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 61mg Sodium: 194mg Carbohydrates: 126g Fiber: 15g Sugar: 94g Protein: 6g
See that pretty blue board I’ve got in the background of these shots? Its new, and I am in love. The awesome folks at Gerber WoodWorks made it for me, and I couldn’t be happier! I’m already planning on what’s next, and I can’t wait to see what he comes up with.
What is your favorite quick and easy dessert?