This Instant Pot Strawberry Cheesecake just screams SPRING to me. If you are looking for a wonderful dessert that doesn’t require you firing up the oven, look no further. This recipe first appeared over on Recipe Girl!
Instant Pot Strawberry Cheesecake
Cheesecake has always been one of my favorite desserts, and I am SUCH a classic girl. Usually plain vanilla is it, and I’m proud of it. When it starts to smell a little like spring though, and the strawberries start looking big and ripe and so sweet you can smell them all the way across the produce aisle, all I want is strawberry everything.
If it is fall, you know I’ll be making this Eggnog Cheesecake though!
This Instant Pot Cheesecake works for 8-quart Instant Pots OR your standard 6-quart models too!
For a long time, I avoided making cheesecakes because while the process is pretty simple, the whole water bath, will it crack, needs to sit overnight in the oven process was just usually TOO MUCH for me to want to tackle for a non-holiday event.
Also – my cheesecake pan was a 10 inch, and a 10-inch cheesecake is LARGE. I love it, and I can only handle a little piece, and only once in a while. It is delicious but it is RICH!
Check out all of my awesome Instant Pot Recipes for more great ideas!
Why Cook Your Cheesecake In Your Electric Pressure Cooker?
- Smaller cheesecake sizes!
- You won’t heat up your house with the oven
- TEXTURE is amazing when it cooks in the pressure cooker!
- Save space if you are coordinating a big holiday meal
- Less hands-on time than traditional cheesecake recipes
When I started doing a lot of instant pot cooking and realized that that thing was good for more than just chicken broth and pot roast, a whole new world opened up. I mean, COME ON. Tiny 7-inch cheesecakes that are perfect for one evening’s dessert, and is ready to PUT IN THE FRIDGE in a couple hours? SOLD.
How to make the best cheesecake!
Like any cheesecake, the most important advice I can give you is this.
YES, it really does need to be made with room temperature ingredients. For real. Don’t skip this part, you will regret it.
No power tools allowed. Just mix this by hand, and you will be MUCH less likely to overmix it.
These come from personal experience, from someone who has made a lot of cheesecakes in my day, and no matter how hard I try, no matter how I think I haven’t overmixed it, if I use my stand or even my hand mixer then I almost definitely overmixed it.
Use some of my awesome Instant Pot Strawberry Sauce for this to put it WAY over the top!
- 1 Instant Pot or other electric pressure cooker
- 7-inch springform pan (I use this one, not an affiliate link just the regular amazon link)
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker or nilla wafer crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 - 8-ounce packages cream cheese, ROOM TEMPERATURE
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream, ROOM TEMPERATURE
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 eggs, ROOM TEMPERATURE
- 1/8 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam or strawberry ice cream topping
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Lightly spray your 7-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- Combine the crumbs and melted butter together, and press into the springform pan. Push the crush about an inch up the side, and make sure to press it down with the back of a spoon or the bottom of a glass. Place in the freezer while you mix up the filling.
- Place your room temperature cream cheese, sugar, room temperature sour cream, lemon juice, and vanilla in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Using a whisk, mix together until fully combined and smooth.
- Finally, using a rubber spatula, gently mix in the eggs, one-at-a-time, until you cannot see visible egg white.
- Remove the crust from the freezer and pour the mixture into it.
- Place 1 1/2 cups of water into the bottom of your Instant Pot. Using a foil sling (I'd link to this post that walks people through it) or a trivet with handles, carefully lower the cheesecake into the Instant Pot.
- Close the lid and set it to Manual high pressure for 25 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, allow the pot to release the pressure naturally.
- Once the pin has dropped, carefully remove the cheesecake from the Instant Pot, and let sit for 30 minutes to an hour to continue cooling.
- Place in the fridge overnight. When you remove from the fridge, carefully release the springform.
- Right before serving, mix together the sour cream, sugar, and strawberry jam. Pour on top of the cheesecake, and top with the fresh sliced strawberries.
Slice and serve!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 2