These almond delights were sweet with a firm but tender crumb. They seriously surprised me how GREAT they are. My dear friend Dorene made these and brought them over for band practice and I knew I had to get the recipe and share with with you all!
Almond Delights Cookie Bar
I’m SO excited to share this sweet treat with you all to help celebrate my new blogging BFF’s birthday party! I met Kimmie from Bake, Love, Give at Eat, Write, Retreat last month and I immediately clicked with her and her conference roommate and partner in crime, Susan from A Less Processed Life.
It’s always nice to find your “tribe” at a conference, especially when you are there alone. It can be intimidating being in a crowd of people that you don’t know very well, so conference buddies are always such a huge bonus. It makes conferencing a lot more fun, in my opinion – and I can’t wait to meet up with them again at a future gathering!
I mean – once you see me do a non-ironic version of “Shake It Off” at live-band karaoke, we’re pretty much bonded for life. So a happy happy birthday to you, Kimmie! I hope you enjoy your margs and fajitas, and I wish I could be there with you to celebrate in person! I’m sure we’ll make up for it the next time that we’re conferencing though. 😉
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons sliced lightly toasted almonds
- 1 tablespoon sugar for garnish
- Grease and flour 9 inch cake pan. Preheat oven to 350.
- Toast almonds on a cookie sheet for 3 - 5 minutes while mixing batter.
- Blend melted butter and sugar, and beat in the eggs. Add extracts. Add salt and flour and mix well. Spread into pan. Sprinkle with almonds and 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake 30-35 minutes until golden and toothpick comes out clean.