Grilled chicken tacos are a quick and easy lunch or dinner that you can put together in a flash! They feature a spicy wet rub, coupled with a cool green salsa sauce made with cilantro, sour cream, tomatillo salsa, and El Yucateco green sauce.
Grilled Chicken Tacos
My husband is not only the best guy I know, the best dad to our kids, and the best husband I could’ve ever hoped for – he’s also a really really great cook. He really pushed me to learn and grow when I started branching out from boxed dehydrated potatoes and noodles with tomato sauce for every meal.
These grilled chicken tacos are no exception. He’s the hot sauce king in our house, and LOVES spicy foods. I like some spice, but he LOVES it, and can handle the heat a lot better than I can. When I told him I’d be tapped to create a recipe with El Yucateco salsas picantes, he was all in.
El Yucateco is also available in many other varieties, including (but not limited to) the Kutbilik Hot Sauce, which is their X X X Hot Sauce. It’s made with 90% of the fruit, which gives it the kick that you want, and the flavor that you need. Its 12,000 on the Scoville scale though, so be careful if you can’t handle the heat! Pair this sauce with another bold flavor like preserves or on a steak to give it some balance.
The wet rub that went on these was made with the El Yucateco Red Habanero Hot Sauce. It was perfect and brought some serious heat, which also instilling a lot of amazing chile flavor. Its made with fresh red habaneros, tomatoes, and spices.
As much as I loved the chicken though, I equally loved the sauce for these! It has El Yucateco Green Habanero Hot Sauce, tomatillo salsa, cilantro, and sour cream. Easy easy easy, but added SO much flavor to these tacos!
I’m so glad it is summer right now. Throwing some food on the grill is one of my favorite parts of the season. It’s so quick and easy, and I love the flavor that grilling adds to the meats and vegetables. Check out my grilled pork tenderloin, grilled asparagus, and spicy grilled chicken wings for more grilling inspiration.
Pair these with some cilantro lime rice and some grilled veggies and you are set!
Chicken & Wet Rub
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken tenders
- 2 tablespoons El Yucateco Red Habanero Hot Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon El Yucateco Green Habanero Hot Sauce
- 1/3 cup tomatillo salsa
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped green cabbage
- 1 package corn tortillas
- Suggested side dishes
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- Grilled bell peppers and onions
- Mix together the El Yucateco Red Habanero Hot Sauce, onion powder, minced garlic, and salt. Coat the chicken tenders liberally with the web rub, and place on wood skewers that have been soaked in water for 20 minutes. Grill over medium heat until fully cooked.
- Combine all ingredients for the green sauce, and let sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Chop the chicken roughly, and place into corn tortillas. Top with cabbage slaw and green sauce.
- Serve with grilled bell peppers and salsa.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 512Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 167mgSodium: 1378mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 54g
Nutrition data provided here is only an estimate. If you are tracking these things for medical purposes please consult an outside, trusted source. Thanks!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KingOfFlavor #CollectiveBias