These delicious creamy mushroom pork chops cook low and slow in your crock pot, and come out tender, delicious, and in their very own gravy.
Creamy Mushroom Crock Pot Pork Chops
Pork chops are such a fun and versatile cut of meat. They are wonderful off the grill, pan-fried, breaded, smoked, in the Instant Pot, or in the crockpot.
I love this recipe not only because of how easy it is to cook. It also makes its own gravy and is one of the tenderest pieces of pork that I’ve ever had.
These pork chops were Jeremiah’s creation this week, and I was so excited about this meal that I took pictures it the day after and bugged him relentlessly until he wrote up the recipe for me.
That is not how I usually do things around here. Typically the pictures you see are at least a few weeks old. If there is a couple-day turn-around it is because I am so excited to get it out into the world.
Should you brown pork chops before adding to the crockpot?
Yessss. All of the yes. The reaction of the meat on the hot pan is something that can’t be replicated with sauces or seasonings. Take the time, get a big hot pan, and sear that stuff! you won’t regret it.
Can I put frozen pork chops in the slow cooker?
You can, but I wouldn’t. See the above paragraph. I know it would be easier in some cases, but at least for this recipe – don’t do it! Use fresh or thawed pork chops and make sure to brown them well first.
Can you thaw pork chops on the counter?
Just don’t do it.
This is one of those food-safety things that you just have to get on board with, even if your mom did thaw things on the counter all your life and you are still alive. Or at least if you do this, don’t feed it to me. 😀 Or the very young or very old. Kthxbai.
If you make this, hashtag #orwhateveryoudo
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 sticks salted sweet cream butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 cloves garlic or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 pounds center cut boneless pork loin chops
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups beef or pork stock
- 2 cups white wine
- 2 cups white mushrooms, cubed
- Mix 1/4 cup flour with 1 stick of butter into a sauté pan and make a roux. Heat should be on medium low for about 20 minutes, or until the roux is golden brown. Stir constantly or the mixture will burn.
- Mix 1/4 cup of the flour with the rest of the dry ingredients. Coat the pork chops and brown them in a saute pan with 1/2 a stick of butter. Remove pork chops and place them in a crock pot.
- Add 1/2 stick butter to the saute pan and add 2 cups mushrooms. Saute’ mushrooms until tender and add to the crock pot. Deglaze pan with two cups white wine.
- Add 2 cups stock and 2 cups cream to the pan and bring to a simmer while stirring. Add in the roux. Keep stirring until it thickens, the pour over the pork chops in the crock pot. Turn crock pot on high, cover and let cook 4-5 hours. Chops should be fork tender when finished.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 801Total Fat: 49gSaturated Fat: 24gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 256mgSodium: 659mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 64g
Nutrition data provided here is only an estimate. If you are tracking these things for medical purposes please consult an outside, trusted source. Thanks!