Homemade Beef Rice-a-Roni is a super simple skillet meal that your whole family will love. Skip the box and go right for whole ingredients that you can pronounce, and you probably have in your pantry and fridge right now.
Homemade Beef Rice-a-Roni
Rice-a-roni has a pretty special place in my heart. My mom used to make it when I was a kid, and I LOVED rice-a-roni nights.
I still do, but these days I like to add my own flavors into the mix and make it from scratch sometimes. It’s almost as fast as it is coming from a box, but there’s no funky ingredients to contend with and you can fully control the final results.
This easy skillet meal is done in about 30-40 minutes, and is an all-in-one dish you can feel good about serving your family. I like to make a side of steamed vegetables to go with this, or a nice, crisp green salad.
You need some more awesome skillet meals? I’ve got them for you!
- 4 cups cooked ground beef, liberally seasoned with salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup long grain rice, I used Jasmine
- 1 cup good quality spaghetti, broken into small pieces (it takes longer to cook, which is a bonus here)
- 2-4 medium crimini mushrooms, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 31/2 cups water
- 2 Tablespoons beef reduced sodium Better Than Bouillon
- 2 tablespoons cooking sherry
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- Melt butter in the pan over medium heat. Add rice and pasta, and cook stirring frequently until the pasta is browned. Add the mushrooms during the last 3-4 minutes of the rice/pasta cook time, and cook those along with the rice/pasta. Add the onion and garlic powder, the parsley, salt, water, cooked ground beef and wine.
- Add the carrots and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 567Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 154mgSodium: 559mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 46g