This Skillet Tortellini with Mushroom Cream Sauce is made in one pot, and is filled with chicken, mushrooms and herbs. A great weeknight dinner, or make it for a Sunday family dinner. Add in your favorite vegetables for a complete one-pot meal, or serve with a fresh green salad.
Skillet Tortellini with Mushroom Cream Sauce
The babies are coming the babies are coming! Actually – strike that, they are here! Exciting (and busy) times here in our household, and I LOVE a good skillet meal for a quick weeknight dinner.
First melt some butter in a medium stock pot, and toss in some sliced mushrooms.
Let the mushrooms get nice and brown, and then add in the rest of the sauce ingredients and the tortellini. Let it simmer over low heat, stirring frequently, until the tortellini is done. Add in copious amounts of reggiano, and enjoy.
I must throw out some major props to KitchenIQ! They sent me a box of goodies the other week, and this parmesan grater is by far my favorite. Its a super fine grater and perfect for Parmigiano Reggiano which typical graters don’t do very well on.
This would also be a great dish for that crazy back to school time. The entire month of September is usually a big blur to me as I get everyone back onto routine bedtimes, getting up early, and school runs. This year it’ll be even crazier since I’ll be working and wrangling 3 babies as well as tackling the school runs.
More easy dinner recipes are waiting for you right here!
- 2 chicken breasts precooked and cubed
- 1 16 ounce package fresh cheese tortellini not frozen
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups fresh sliced mushrooms (about 12 whole medium mushrooms, give or take)
- 1 cup white wine I used Pinot Grigio
- 2 cups cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 - 2 cups shredded Parmigiano Reggiano
- Melt butter in a medium stock pot, and saute sliced mushrooms over medium heat until they are browned. Add in white wine, cream, basil, and parsley. Bring up to a low simmer, stirring frequently, and add in the chicken and tortellini.
- Continue cooking over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes. Make sure the tortellini and chicken are heated through.
- Add in the parmesan and stir gently to combine.