This simple and delicious Traeger Sweet Chili Shrimp is one of our go-to quick and easy dinner options that can be on the table with minimal ingredients, and minimal work! This recipe is always a hit with the family, and will have you skipping the take-out counter and making your own dinner tonight!
Traeger Sweet Chili Shrimp
There’s not much I like more than a lightning-fast dinner. That’s why shrimp is such a great ingredient. Not only is it delicious, but it thaws quickly, cooks quickly, and adapts to just about any set of flavors you want to throw at it.
This dish is perfect to serve with some steamed rice. You can even make little tubs of microwave rice if you really want to hit the easy button. I’ve been ordering them from Costco pretty regularly for the resident teenagers, and there’s nothing easier.
Of course – making your own rice is also pretty darn easy, but I don’t all about what it is like when you’ve had a crazy day, everyone is coming at you with the evening surge of things you need to deal with, and sometimes just making a pot of rice might be a step too far and will tip the scales to take-out land.
Get all of my Traeger Recipes here!
Sweet Chili Shrimp shopping list
Wondering if you have to hit the store? Here’s the list of items you’ll need to make this recipe. For specific amounts, please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Shrimp (uncooked)
- Red bell peppers
- Fresh pineapple chunks
- Sweet chili sauce
Get 75+ of my favorite Traeger Recipes here!
How to make Sweet Chili Shrimp in the Traeger
This is just the overview so you can see what you’re actually getting into here. When you are cooking, you’ll want to use the full recipe at the bottom of the page.
Fire up the grill and get it preheated to 350°F.
Toss all the ingredients in the pan. Pour the sauce over.
Put the pan in the oven and let it cook. It’ll probably take around 25-30 minutes, but it depends on the size of your shrimp, the outside temp, how big the pan is, etc. Cook until the shrimp is opaque and at least 145°F internally.
Serve with some steamed rice or vegetable yakisoba!
Make some Homemade Sweet Chili Sauce!
Sweet Chili Shrimp FAQ
Can this dish be made in advance?
You can, but I don’t think I’d recommend it. Shrimp is best eaten immediately after it is cooked, so try to adhere to that. Plus, this recipe is so quick and easy that there should be no good reason to make it too far in advance. Want to make it and keep it warm while you bring it across town to a party? Do your thing! Want to make it a day or two in advance? Probably not.
What’s the best way to store and reheat leftovers?
If you do find yourself with more than you can eat all at once, you can keep the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days. Reheat in the microwave, covered, until it is steaming.
Are there any recommended substitutions or additions?
Like it spicy? Slice up some jalapeno and throw it in the mix! Diced chunks of onions are also a great addition here, as is some diced garlic. You can get as creative as you’d like with this dish, and it is also a great one to use up vegetables in the fridge too. Zucchini could be sliced and tossed in too.
Serve with some Instant Pot Rice!
More great recipes using shrimp to love!
- Fire up the Blackstone for these Griddle Shrimp Kabobs! Perfect on top of a salad with homemade Caesar dressing.
- If you’re looking for a quick delicious dinner, try our Air Fryer Shrimp Scampi! Perfect on its own or served over some rice or pasta.
- Shrimp Fajitas are some of the quickest and most delicious dinners ever! Also, see the recommendation for our favorite fajita seasoning.
- A vodka cream sauce is a fancy way to dress up pasta, and adding fresh shrimp to the dish takes it up several levels! Try our Traeger Shrimp with Vodka Sauce today, even if you don’t have a Traeger, this recipe can easily be adapted for the stovetop.
- How about some Shrimp Yakisoba for lunch today? It is so simple to make, and you can customize it according to what’s in your fridge and pantry!
- 2 pounds fresh shrimp
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded & chopped
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 8 ounces sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Preheat your grill to 350°F.
- Place the thawed shrimp, pineapple, red bell pepper, and sweet chili sauce into a large grill-safe skillet.
- Put the skillet into the grill and let it cook for about 25-30 minutes, or until the shrimp reaches 145°F.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 300Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 286mgSodium: 180mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 1gSugar: 35gProtein: 37g
Nutrition data provided here is only an estimate.