Need a great appetizer that really shows off those fall flavors? Fire up your smoker or pellet grill and make this simple Traeger Apple Crisp Smoked Brie!
Smoked Brie with Apple Crisp Topping
This simple smoked brie is like baked brie but cooked outside in your
outdoor oven pellet grill. When you run the pellet grill at higher temperatures, not much actual smoke gets through to the food. In this case, we only want a touch of smoke, so we’re putting this in a 325° pellet grill. If you want to put some more smoke on it, toss it on the grill a little early, while it is preheating, once the grill reaches about 180°.
We precook the apple topping a bit on the stovetop to speed the process along. That way you don’t have to worry about overcooking the cheese while you wait for the apples to get tender.
Unlike most of our recipe, this one contains nuts. If you don’t like nuts or have anyone with nut allergies in your life that might want to eat this, feel free to omit them. We often do.
With this crisp, the butter matters. Use the best butter you can get. I spring for the fancy Irish butter
Get 75+ Delicious Traeger Recipes here!
Traeger Apple Crisp Smoked Brie shopping list
Wondering if you have to hit the store? Here’s the list of items you’ll need to make this recipe. For specific amounts, please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- brown sugar
- apple pie spice
- rolled oats
Try our Traeger Apple Crisp too!
How to make Baked Brie on the Traeger
This is just the overview so you can see what you’re actually getting into here. When you are cooking, you’ll want to use the full recipe at the bottom of the page.
To 325°, or around there anyway. Pellet grills fluctuate. It is fine.
Make the apple mixture
Combine the apples, butter, and 1 tablespoon brown sugar in a pan. Heat over medium heat, and cook for 5 minutes stirring constantly.
Slice the top off the brie, toss it in a cast-iron pan, and top with the apple mixture.
Make the crisp
Combine the brown sugar, apple pie spice, brown sugar, oats, and salt. Add the butter and mix with a fork until it is a crumbly mixture. Add the pecans. Put on top of the apples that are on top of the brie.
Okay, it is actually grilling it, but go with me here. Grill at 325° for 35-45 minutes.
Use your choice of cheese receptacle and dig in! Drizzle with honey, if you are into that sort of thing.
This Traeger Pumpkin Pie is great too!
Traeger Baked Brie FAQ
Store your leftovers in the fridge, covered, for up to 3-4 days.
Reheat back on the grill or in the oven for the best results.
Try our Traeger Eggnog Cheesecake too!
More delicious desserts
- Traeger Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Banana Cake
- Chewy Chocolate Oatmeal Bars
- Lemon Blueberry Cornmeal Butter Cake
- Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread
- Homemade Snickers Cake
- Caramel Monkey Bread
- Raspberry Angel Food Cake
- Strawberry Cheesecake Crumble Bars
Check out these great recipes too!
- Smoked Shotgun Shells
- French Onion Soup (on the smoker)
- Smoked Beef Ribs
- Birria Tacos
- Shrimp Yakisoba
- Grape Jelly Meatballs on the smoker
- Grilled Salmon
- Chicken Marsala
- Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
- Hanger Steak
- Gochujang Chicken Stir Fry
- 8 ounces brie round
- 1 large apple, cored and diced
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 10 pecans, chopped
- Preheat your Traeger to 325° and spray a medium-sized cast-iron pan with cooking spray.
- Combine the apples, 1 tablespoon butter, and 1 tablespoon brown sugar together in a saucepan. Cook over medium low heat for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Cut the top rind off of the brie and place in the pan. Pour the apples over the brie.
- Combine 2 tablespoons brown sugar, apple pie spice, rolled oats, flour, and salt together in a bowl. Use a fork to combine the 2 tablespoons of butter into the mixture. Add the pecans and combine.
- Pour the topping over the apples.
- Place the pan in the pellet grill and bake for 25-35 minutes, or until the topping is golden and the cheese is melted.
- Remove and serve with sliced baguettes, crackers, and apple slices.
- OPTIONAL - drizzle with caramel sauce or honey before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 190Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 281mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 7g
Nutrition data provided here is only an estimate.