Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread is a staple in my house. I make this probably 5-6 times a year, and my kids plow through an entire batch in just a day or two. Perfect for on-the-go breakfasts, and after school snacks!
Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread
Banana bread was probably one of the very first things I ever baked. It is easy to toss together, and always comes out awesome. I’ve been using the same, basic, slightly-tweaked-from-a-family-cookbook recipe for ages, and this is another variation on that.
This one is made with lots of super ripe banana, and dark brown sugar that gives it a rich, sweet, and slightly molassesy flavor that I think works so well with the bananas. Sour cream and greek yogurt keep this ultra-moist too.
Share it with your friends!
- 4 extra ripe bananas
- 4 large eggs
- 1.5 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup vanilla greek yogurt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel the bananas and add in the eggs, vanilla, and oil. Mix for about 1 minute on medium speed. Mix in 1 cup of white sugar, 1 cup of dark brown sugar, the yogurt, and the sour cream. Mix until combined.
- Stir together the flour and baking soda, mix into the batter for 1 minute.
- Pour half of the batter into a prepared bundt pan. Combine the cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle the mixture evenly over the batter. Cover with the rest of the batter, and spread gently if necessary.
- Bake on the 2nd lowest rack for about 1 hour, or until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs. Watch carefully! Your bread might take a little less time, or a little more time depending on the oven and your specific pan.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 530 Total Fat: 22g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 18g Cholesterol: 68mg Sodium: 245mg Carbohydrates: 77g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 49g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 7g