If you need the perfect appetizer to pass around your next barbecue, cookout, or potluck, our Smoked Goat Cheese Crostini are perfect! Creamy goat cheese is smoked with one of our favorite bbq rubs, and then put on top of toasted crostinis along with fresh blueberries, prosciutto, and a sweet balsamic drizzle.
Smoked Blueberry Goat Cheese Crostini
This simple, passable appetizer is made using smoked garlic goat cheese, toasty baguette rounds, fresh blueberries – all the things that you’d ever want in one bite. Add in the prosciutto, and shut the front door. This is one I’ll be pulling out for many parties in the future!
If you don’t have fresh blueberries around, fresh raspberries or strawberries would also work really well! The key is a bright, sweet fruit to compliment the tangy, savory goat cheese.
More great Traeger Appetizers here!
Blueberry Balsamic Goat Cheese Crostini shopping list
Wondering if you have to hit the store? Here’s the list of items you’ll need to make this recipe. For specific amounts, please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- extra virgin olive oil
- goat cheese
- bbq rub
- prosciutto di parma
- balsamic reduction
Don’t miss our Smoked Cream Cheese recipe!
How to make Blueberry Goat Cheese Crostini
This is just the overview so you can see what you’re actually getting into here. When you are cooking, you’ll want to use the full recipe at the bottom of the page.
Preheat your pellet grill
200° is about right!
Smoke the goat cheese
Rub it, smoke it, and also the garlic and olive oil too while you’re at it.
Brush some of that smoked garlic olive oil over the sliced baguette rounds and toast them under a broiler or on a flat top griddle.
Mix up the smoked goat cheese with the roasted garlic rub, and the confit smoked garlic you reserved from the oil, and spread it allll over those toasted rounds.
Top with blueberries, a rolled piece of prosciutto, and a drizzle of your balsamic glaze.
These are best made right before serving. If you have to travel with them, travel with all the pieces separate and assemble immediately before serving.
Get more DIP RECIPES!
Get our FREE Pellet Grill Appetizers Recipe E-Book by joining OWYD+ (for FREE)
Smoked Blueberry Goat Cheese Crostini FAQ
These leftovers are best stored disassembled. So, only put together what you know can be eaten or you’ll wind up with a soggy mess.
These can be reheated in an oven, grill, air fryer, or just eaten room temp too!
Try our Blueberry Pancakes too!
More great appetizers to share!
- Smoked Jalapeno Poppers
- Traeger Artichoke Dip
- Smoked Cream Cheese
- Traeger Hot Crab Dip
- Bacon Sausage Bites
- Smoked Garlic Pig Shots
- Smoked Grape Jelly Meatballs
- Traeger Beef Queso
- Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp
- Smoked Salmon Dip
- Traeger Spicy Candied Bacon
- Easy Smoked Garlic Goat Cheese
- 1 baguette, for crostinis
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon Roasted Garlic Rub (or your favorite BBQ Rub)
- 1/2 pint fresh blueberries
- 3 ounces Prosciutto di Parma
- 1/8 cup balsamic reduction/glaze
- Preheat your pellet grill or smoker to 200°F. Take the goat cheese, roll it in the bbq rub, and place it onto a baking sheet. Put the whole thing into the smoker, and let smoke for 1-2 hours.
- Put your olive oil and the garlic cloves into a grill-safe dish and put it in the smoker with the goat cheese. Let it smoke for two hours.
- Slice the baguette into 1/4 inch thick rounds. Brush lightly with the garlic-infused olive oil. Reserve the garlic cloves. Toast the oiled baguette rounds lightly under the broiler or on a griddle.
- Take the goat cheese and mix in the roasted garlic rub and the confit garlic from the olive oil. Spread liberally over the toasted crostinis.
- Top with some rolled prosciutto, blueberries, and a drizzle of balsamic glaze.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 150Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 401mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 7g
Nutrition data provided here is only an estimate.