Traeger Grilled Pork Chops are a perfect way to use those amazing bone-in thick-cut pork chops you find. Keep them tender and juicy and full of flavor by utilizing your pellet grill and adding some smoke to these beautiful cuts of meat!
Traeger Grilled Pork Chops
Juicy grilled tender pork chops used to be a thing that only existed in commercials and my dreams — but not anymore.
With a pellet grill and high-quality pork chops, you can have the best of both worlds and you can stop eating leathery, touch pork chops, and start eating these. Because they are amazing.
We picked up these thick cut bone-in pork chops recently, and they were just screaming for Traeger treatment. You can definitely cook these on another kind of grill as well, but you won’t get as much of the delicious smoky flavor as you will if you are grilling with wood!
This smoked pork chop recipe will not only have you coming back for seconds, but you’ll be adding this to your rotation all grilling-season long.
Speaking of your rotation, I’ve got a few more you’ll want to add to that too.
More Easy Traeger Recipes here!
How to make pork chops on the pellet grill
We threw these on the grill after a healthy dose of our BBQ Rub along with my perfect grilled asparagus. They grill at 450° for about 6 minutes a side, or until the internal temp reaches 145°. That makes this a perfect weeknight dinner that comes together fast, and the whole family will love it.
Get all of our PORK RECIPES here!
What should you serve with grilled pork chops?
We served this with a side of applesauce, and ALL of my kids chowed! All of them. That rarely happens. It is also a classic pair with pork chops, so there is no need to reinvent the wheel.
Here are some other great side dish ideas to try, too.
- Traeger Scalloped Potatoes
- Traeger Au Gratin Potatoes
- Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Perfect Grilled Asparagus
- Loaded Smoked Baked Potato
- Greek Salad
Easy Traeger Recipes you’ll make again and again
- Traeger Smoked Beef – Oh yeah baby. The best barbecue shredded beef I’ve ever personally had. Takes forEVER but it is almost all passive so you’ll be okay. Set a timer and do your thing.
- Traeger Beef Jerky – Delicious, and much cheaper than buying it!
- Traeger Smoked Salmon – Another one that tastes SO MUCH BETTER and costs a lot less when you make it at home!
- Traeger Bacon – Ain’t no bacon like smoked baked that’s re-smoked. It is ridiculous and incredible, and I am not overselling this.
- Traeger Smoked Beef Tenderloin – is fancy and delicious.
- Reverse Seared Flank Steak – is also a special treat that your whole family will love!
Have a Cocktail with dinner!
What kind of grilling do you like to do?
Do you charcoal grill? Gas grill? Have you tried a smoker or pellet grill?
We’ve tried all of the above besides the actual smoker so far, but honestly, I’m not sure we’ll even need to go that route. We’ve gotten some pretty amazing smoke rings from the pellet grill, so I don’t really see a need for another piece of gear at this moment.
Of course, I’m kind of a gear freak so I’m sure we’ll end up with some fun new toys before long.
What can you make with leftover pork chops?
If you have leftovers, may I suggest whipping them up into this Spicy Yaki Udon?
- 6 thick cut pork chops
- generous amounts bbq rub
- Preheat pellet grill to 450°. Place seasoned pork chops on grill, and close lid. Cook 6 minutes per side, or until internal temps reach 145°.
- Remove from heat and let sit for 5-10 minutes before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 398Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 146mgSodium: 363mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 46g
Nutrition data provided here is only an estimate. If you are tracking these things for medical purposes please consult an outside, trusted source. Thanks!
Nicole Johnson, a self-taught expert in grilling and outdoor cooking, launched Or Whatever You Do in 2010. Her blog, renowned for its comprehensive and creative outdoor cooking recipes, has garnered a vast audience of millions. Nicole's hands-on experience and passion for grilling shine through her work. Her husband, Jeremiah Johnson, also plays a pivotal role in recipe development, adding his culinary flair to the mix. Together, they form a dynamic duo, offering a rich and varied outdoor cooking experience to their followers.