Sesame Chicken with Pea Pods is a super flavorful 30-minute-meal that you are going to go nuts for! Love the simple flavor combinations of the chicken and peas paired with my big, bold sauce.
Sesame Chicken with Pea Pods
Ready for another 30 minute meal?
Quick and easy stir fry is one of my favorite things to throw together on a weeknight. I toss some rice in the rice cooker, and by the time the rice is done cooking the main dish is too.
I was digging through my cupboard the other day and found my last bottle. This stuff makes a great marinade! But if you don’t happen to have a bottle in your cupboard, you can make up a quick marinade by just mixing some sesame oil, canola oil, soy sauce, garlic, honey, and ginger powder. You could actually skip the marinade completely if you wanted, because the sauce is flavorful enough.
More great stir fry ideas are waiting!
The key to a really great stir fry is a REALLY REALLY hot pan. Like, smoking hot, then add the meat and leave it alone for about 1 minute.
Then stir to fry it 😉 After the chicken is cooked ALMOST all the way, toss in your sugar snap pea pods, and fry another minute or two. Pour over the sauce, and cook until thickened.
Serve with some jasmine rice, and if you like things a little spicy – some sriracha.
- 2 large Chicken Breast
- 2-3 cups sugar snap pea pods
- 1/2 cup soy vay toasted sesame marinade optional
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder or 1 teaspoon diced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Cut chicken into bite-sized chunks, and if desired - marinade for 20-30 minutes in toasted sesame marinade. Combine the soy sauce, water, sesame oil, honey, ginger, garlic, and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Heat a large wok or frying pan over high heat with 1 tablespoon oil. When the pan is hot and the oil is starting to smoke, add in the chicken. Let cook for about 1 - 2 minutes, or until slightly browned, and then stir around to fry evenly. Cook another 2-3 minutes, and then add in pea pods and stir. Cook 1 minute.
- Pour in the sauce ingredients, and cook until thickened. Serve immediately.